Sunday, March 29, 2015

Silence is Not Acceptable: Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Project Sunday, March 29, 2015




Silence is Not Acceptable: Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Project Sunday, March 29, 2015
~*~*~*~*~
Happy Sabbath. I hope all is well with you and that you have much to be thankful today.
I wanted to let you know my current writing plans for this blog. There is a great deal going on here and in our world, as I am sure you are aware. Therefore, this blog is currently a combination of:
1 Current events or news articles I think are important to read, pray about, and journal about. They are articles important for every American and every Christian.
2 Bible Verse of the Day to ponder and prayer journal about, particularly with how it applies to America, the world, every Christian, and the Church as a whole (all four at once).
3 My personal journaling and prayer journaling about #1 and 2, along with a call for us to wake up and take a stand against terrorism individually, as Americans, as a world, as individual Christians, in our local churches and denominations, and as the Church as a whole.
4 The Current Holocaust
5 The New Exodus
Starting in this blog post, I will share several different thoughts each day and each thought will be divided by this symbol: " ~*~*~*~*~ ."
After all, I am struggling with my role as an American and as a Christian in this war terrorists have declared on everyone who does not believe in the way they have deemed important. How am I to take a stand, given my resources and abilities? This blog, and my current writing project, is a reflection of all this.
~*~*~*~*~
Camp NaNoWriMo Preparation
Yesterday I announced how in spite of my crazy life right now, I still plan on participating in Camp NaNoWriMo in the month of April. Camp NaNoWriMo, by the way, is short for Camp National Novel Writing Month. However, it can also be for nonfiction works, which is precisely what I am writing.
I have chosen to write a minimum word count of 15,000 words, but hope to do 30,000 words ideally, or even 50,000, but I am not sure how I could do either of the latter. We shall see. I hope I can (thinking of "The Little Engine That Could").
My Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Project for April 2015 is:
"Silence is Not Acceptable. We Must Take a Stand. There's Too Much at Stake."
I refer to terrorism and the current holocaust that's occurring today again anyone who does not believe as the terrorists do, whom they call "infidel." It's also brought about what NEWSWEEK has called the "New Exodus" as Christians flee from their homes in the Middle East.
{See article: http://www.newsweek.com/2015/04/03/new-exodus-chri...}
This is what this blog is focusing on now. It's about getting informed about current events and doing something to take a stand against terrorism in the way I am able, which is with my pen.
People are being tortured and murdered as I write this, since they do not have the terrorists' beliefs. And, here I sit on a comfy couch in a nice suburban neighborhood, where people are not wealthy or poor. We don't really have a care in the world and have a normal life everyone dreams of. We are free. We can believe what we want, thanks to the forefathers of our nation and the American Military who have fought for our freedom--then and since.
But, there are those who are the exact opposite. They are being murdered and tortured. Now. As I write this.
How can I ever forget this? How can I ever overlook it or deny it?
No one deserves to die because of a difference in belief. No one. Not ever.
God is asking me, asking us, "What are you DOING about this today and tomorrow? How will you take a stand for my people?"
Pause.
And, I am humbled. Silenced. My heart tightens and my breath grows jagged.
I am ashamed for ever focusing on myself and complaining o myself or another about how my cushy life isn't fair or how God isn't doing what I want or when I want it. Shame on me. How can I ever be concerned  or anxious? How can I ever complain? I am supremely blessed. I have everything and everyone I want and need. God has blessed me immeasurably.
God asks what I will do in their name, and His, and not in mine. God wants to know what stand I will take.
My answer: "I have no idea, Lord. Please show me what You want me to do. I know you have equipped me in my own unique way, given the resources and abilities I have. Please show me what to do, how, and when."
The truth is it is rather intimidating.
I realize if I speak out, people might laugh, belittle, or deny the truth of what I speak and share. I also realize I could be hated for this or seen as a nut. But, am I here on this planet to live for public opinion or for the Lord and His purpose for me and my life?
What did Israel think of the prophets and their message?
No. I am not a prophet. But, I realize the prophets, who spoke the Word of God, sounding the alarm to the Israelites, were seen as whacky, nuts, crazy, and lunatics. Therefore, some may think the same of me. But, the truth is the truth.
We Christians have lost out first love and have lost our way. I certainly have, most moments of most days, if I am honest.
So, what can I do?
This, I will pray about and ponder.
For, this isn't about me. It's about the current holocaust the New Exodus.
~*~
Revelation 2:3-5 Expanded Bible (EXB)
3 You have ·patience [perseverance; endurance] and have ·suffered troubles[endured much] for my name and have not ·given up [L grown weary].
4 "But I have this against you: You have ·left [abandoned] ·the love you had in the beginning [or your first love]. 5 So ·remember [consider] ·where you were before you fell [L how far you have fallen]. ·Change your hearts [Repent] and do ·what [L the works] you did at first. If you do not ·change [repent], I will come to you and will take away your lampstand from its place.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
~*~
Prayer journal your initial thoughts.
Now, think about all those slaughtered, tortured, and sold into sex slavery because they do not have the terrorists' beliefs. Then, prayer journal your thoughts about these verses.
How have you abandoned your First Love of the Lord Jesus Christ?
What keeps you from your First Love? He? How can you prevent it?
~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment