Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Journaling Thoughts on 03.31.2015. Tues.




Journaling Thoughts on 03.31.2015. Tues.
~*~
My Camp NaNoWriMo Writing Project and it's Working Title:
"Silence is Not Acceptable. We Must Take a Stand. There's Too Much at Stake."
3,385 words total so far
~*~*~*~*~
A Funk
813 a.m.
So... I am in a funk right now. Allergies and sinuses, along with a lack of a good night's sleep, add to this, but it is more than that. This is the Holy Week... the celebration of the last week of Jesus of Nazareth's life. It is a week of remembrance.
This Bible Verse of the Day helps explain some of what I am feeling and thinking:
~*~
Isaiah 53:5-6 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
5 But He was pierced because of our transgressions,
crushed because of our iniquities;
punishment for our peace was on Him,
and we are healed by His wounds.
6 We all went astray like sheep;
we all have turned to our own way;
and the Lord has punished Him
for the iniquity of us all.
-- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
~*~
Jesus Christ for the wrongdoings and sinful hearts and minds of the people then, today, and in the future. But, not just for anyone and everyone. He died for those who choose to believe in Him and that He lived and died for the wiping away of our wicked and wrong ways.
He died so we do not have to because of our wrongdoings.
He died for what the terrorists are doing today to His people.
Christ Followers are suffering in this world today and are being persecuted... tortured... sent into sex slavery... murdered... beheaded... all because of believing in Jesus Christ and not in the manner and way the terrorists want. And, it is far more than Christians experiencing this... Anyone who does not believe what the terrorists want are experiencing this savagery.
It is a new holocaust. And, few are addressing it and labeling it as such.
What else should it be called?
A "holocaust" is defined as: a great destruction.
The terrorists have said they want to annihilate, kill, destroy, eliminate, etc. everybody who is an infidel. An infidel is anyone who does not believe what they do.
So... yes. It is indeed a holocaust. We must face this truth, admit to it, and vocalize it. And, we need to make sure people in our circles of influence, our family, friends, neighbors, churches, clubs, groups, etc. know about this and talk about it.
We, as Christians, must make unceasing prayer about this.
It is a holocaust. People are suffering and dying because of a lack of belief. And I cannot help but weep for them and their loved ones. I refuse to allow any of their loss to be in vain. I will remember.
But, I only can if I am informed about what really is going on. I do not trust what any one human or organization says. I do my research and study several conservative and liberal, several international news articles and agencies. Then, I realize that maybe one-third of the story is the real story and acknowledge I do not know the full story. However, if a reported sentence or paragraph, a topic, rings through several different sources, then, it is most likely truth and fact.
And, contrary to what President Obama says, and supported by numerous sources, terrorism is a threat and problem globally and must be fought so more individuals will not suffer and die because of terror.
And, some sources, but not nearly enough, are calling it what it really is... a holocaust.
This weighs on me. I cannot carry on with my life as normal knowing how many are suffering. And, how so many refuse to acknowledge this and are carrying with their lives like nothing is going on.
These are the thoughts keeping me awake.
Last night, I read more about what women are experiencing because of terrorism... so many words to say... tears shed as I learn more about their story.
Do an internet search for "sex slavery and ISIS" and read about it for yourself. Women and girls are sold for profit to fund terrorism.
The Iraqi girls and women in slavery are begging, praying for a drone strike to go in to kill the terrorists and them since they have not been able to escape... since their children have not...
How can we be silent and not take a stand?
And we are not praying without ceasing about this holocaust? I am not... I want to do so now.
Father, show me how. Tell me what to pray.
~*~*~*~*~
News article to read:
Title:
Muslim groups attack Egyptian Copts over church honoring Christians killed by ISIS
Source/link: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/31/egyptian-c...
Journal your thoughts.
My Journaling Thoughts 1038 a.m.
Notice how it wasn't terrorists who did this.
This was reported in two sources I have found so far. One is the link and article I just listed and the other link is here:
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/church.in.me...
In the link I just listed are other links and sources regarding the news. Hence, there is some fact found here at the very least.
My thoughts: Only the despicable attack in any way those who are in mourning. Why add salt to the wound?
A difference in belief has caused this.
~*~*~*~*~
Let's Agree to Disagree
There was a phrase I used to hear here in the United States of America and it was one that set the great nation apart. It is also what sets mature, logical, reasoning, thoughtful individuals apart as well. It is the phrase, "Let's agree to disagree."
From there, we would accept the differences and agree to let it go at that and still be friends. We would not hold it against one another and would respect the differences and love one another anyway.
Where has that concept gone in our world today--and in the USA?
It's the differences that made the U.S. a melting pot. It was what made us such a great nation. Now, we scream at the top of our lungs at one another, literally and figuratively, that the other must believe what we do or else.
Pardon?
Are we in kindergarten?
How did we ever get so juvenile?
It really is okay to disagree. It does not hurt anyone to disagree.
We were the land of the free. Free to believe what you want. Whatever happened to this?
It is now, believe what I believe or I will scream as loud as possible how you are wrong, intolerant, discriminatory, and stupid. Again... How selfish and juvenile.
Now, it is believe what you want, but it better be what I want.
How does this differ from the terrorists' thoughts? (Note how I said thought, not actions.)
It seems from my perspective that if you are conservative or Christian, then you are evil, intolerant, wrong, and deserve to have all your rights taken away--believe you don't believe what they want you to believe. They are tolerant of only their beliefs. The agree to disagree phrase is lost on them.
It's sad... And wrong.
What can I do to help change this? Pause. Not sure I can, except bring awareness and pray.
Can we agree to disagree? It's okay by me. You?
Yes. I will pray about this and that we can truly love and respect one another--for--and not in spite of our differences and similarities. It's okay to be different.
~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment