Friday, April 3, 2015

My Personal Prayer Journaling 04.02.2015.-04.03.2015.




MY STORY OF HOW I MOVED FROM BEING ANGRY AND SAD TO PRAYING WITHOUT CEASING
This is my personal prayer journaling, which shows how I moved from anger and sadness to praying without ceasing. Only God can change us so much. Only God can give us the proper perspective... His perspective.
Here is the story of angst to submission, from fury to active in prayer:

THE STATE OF AFFAIRS OF OUR WORLD, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND THE CHURCH:
I am beyond disturbed. Or, more specifically, I was. I have processed through all of this, but let me back up and journal this from my perspective a couple of days ago.
Every time I turn on the news, open my email, or read a blog post, I discover how things keep getting worse in the world, in the U.S., and in the Church as a whole. It frustrates me, saddens me, enrages me, and makes me wonder. Then, I toss and turn in bed and lose sleep.
There is a holocaust going on, where if you do not believe as a terrorist believes, they will torture you, send you into sexual slavery to fund their terrorism, and or murder you. They want everyone who doesn't believe like them annihilated. Destroyed. Silenced. Along with their families.
The Christian Church as a whole is silent.
Christians are silent.
And, this is disturbing.
What would Jesus say or do?
Then, there is a war against Christians in the United States.
The Christian Church as a whole is silent.
Christians are silent.
And, this is disturbing.
What would Jesus say or do?
I am ashamed of Christians and the Church in the U.S. and in the world.
Leaders of the Church, where are your voices? Every sermon, blog, and Bible study right now should be addressing these issues. (Why aren't they?)
Easter services should be cancelled in their present format and these issues should be addressed instead.
Every church and every Christian should talk about these issues. Without fail. Immediately.
If you are Christian and have a blog, you should write about these things immediately. Drop the happy-go-lucky messages and the bookselling and get to the issue at hand. There is a holocaust going on right now. Yes. A holocaust.
Christians were also silent during the holocaust by Hitler. We learned those lessons through our study of history. Right? Wrong. If we did, every Christian would be praying fervently and unceasingly.
No Christian should be in the presence of another and not talk about these things.
Where is the outrage?
Why are Christians silent?
How will you answer God when you die and He asks for accountability of these things?
Jesus never said Christians should be silent. Was Jesus ever silent? Or, did He address the issues immediately and straightforwardly? (Hint: The latter is true.)
The Church and Christians have failed.
Are we going to continue to fail?
Wake up, Christians. Get focus off of self and stuff and get focused on what really matters right now.

WHAT PART HAVE YOU PLAYED?
Then, God asked me, "Stacy, what part have you played?"
Did I hear that correctly? I replayed the question in my mind.
Huh? I think about it for a moment and then I realize--ouch. I have played my own part in this mess... in this current holocaust... and have been silent. I haven't known what to say photo say it. After all, I have not been as informed as I should be. Furthermore, I have not prayed for all of this like I could or should. I am at fault as well.
Ouch. I really need to look in the mirror more often.
So, what can I do, should I do, knowing what I know now? Huh. I prayed about this for a few minutes and then I remembered 2 Chronicles 7:14. I paused. When was the last time I prayed this verse?
Crickets. I heard crickets in response and didn't hear anything. Nothing came to mind. I had no idea whatsoever. Needless to say, I had an answer and realized what I needed to do. Not only should I pray 2Chronicles 7:14, but I should pray it without ceasing.
But, for how long?
Hah! Duh. I felt foolish as the answer came to me.
Without ceasing.
Got it.
Now, what? How?
I looked up the verse.

I WANT TO PRAY, AND LEARN TO PRAY, 2 CHRONICLES 7:14 WITHOUT CEASING

2 Chronicles 7:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
-- New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

More of the story to follow. Stay tuned. This is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment