Sunday, January 4, 2015

SUNDAY: MAINSTREAM, CHRISTIAN, AND MY RYP JOURNALING STORIES #1 (01.04.2015b)





SUNDAY: MAINSTREAM, CHRISTIAN, AND MY RYP JOURNALING STORIES #1 (01.04.2015b)
Written January 04, 2015, Sunday, 1147 a.m.
---
CHECKING-IN WITH YOU: FORMING A JOURNALING COMMUNITY
Greetings. I hope you are well. Let me know. I would love to hear from you and hear your stories of blessing about your journaling or any suggestions, questions, or tips you might want to share. Just send an email, attach a comment at the end of any blog post, or go to the end of the blog page and there is a Contact Form. Send a message to any of those and let's start a dialogue, a community of sharing, learning from, and encouraging one another in journaling and in life.
---
A NEW BLOG SCHEDULE
I just wanted to give you a heads-up about some new additions with the daily blog. Every blog post is made of several mini blog posts or sections. The main focus has been "Journaling Hints, Tips, and Prompts." That will continue. Except, I will also add the Christian angle as well.
The "JOURNALING STUFF 2014 EDITION: A RYP JOURNALING RESOURCE, BOOK 1" contains mainly material that is mainstream. There's a little of my faith sprinkled here and there, but I try to warn you if I mention it in a too in-your-face way. I call those sections: CHRISTIAN JOURNALING. 
Well, I will now include the Christian component each day as well. I will include it at the end of each blog post and will call it "CHRISTIAN JOURNALING" so you don't have to continue reading that day if you would prefer. 
Christians, I am not putting Christ last. I am making it so I do offend people. What pops up first when people see this blog, for now on, will be mainstream, so they don't have what they do not believe in their face and are forced to see what they don't want to see. That just isn't right. However, the Christian Journaling will pull no punches either and will be to help us challenge our faith (not question, but to make us evaluate what we believe and why and what it means), make us think, and go far deeper than we have the tendency to go in our faith. 
Also, Christians, make sure you read and apply the mainstream stuff--just add your faith dimension to it. Do not skip the mainstream journaling segment. It's just as informative about journaling as the Christian segment. 
Mainstream and Christians: The focus of this blog is, and always will be, on JOURNALING. Period. End of story. I will just add the Christian Journaling as the last segments of each blog post. 
So, I will now call the two segments: JOURNALING STUFF MAINSTREAM and JOURNALING STUFF FOR CHRISTIANS. 
Stay tuned. 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 


​​JOURNALING STUFF FOR CHRISTIANS (01.04.2015C)
Written January 04, 2015, Sunday 101 p.m.
---
I'M FEELING PULLED TO AND DRAWN
{JOURNALING STUFF FOR CHRISTIANS AND MY PERSONAL RYP JOURNALING}
Today is the forth day of 2015 and is the Lord's Day.
Granted, every day is supposed to be the Lord's Day, and not mine, but today is my Sabbath and day of rest. It's my day to draw close to the Lord, focus, and listen.
I'm not editing my book today (JOURNALING STUFF 2014 EDITION). I'm taking time off from that. Then again, I have the past couple of days. I haven't even journaled much the past couple of days.
Why? I've been sick--fighting the crud. I also have a bum ankle and now a stitch in my back.
Never mind how poor Kara has been all alone in the study since she doesn't come out much. So, it's time I gave her some time. That is why I am in my study. I am not working. I am journaling and listening to the Lord. I am resting in Him--trying not focusing on anything else but on Him and His Word.
I have been feeling drawn to something over the last four days. It keeps growing stronger--this pull, draw, and focus. It's convicting me and making me think.
Let me give a little back story.
I'm reading the Bible through in a year, starting January 01, and am reading the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs each day. I'm reading my favorite reading version of the Bible, THE LIVING BIBLE {THE LIVING BIBLE (TLB): The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.). THE LIVING BIBLE is extra special to me because it's just a pleasure to read, but also is because it reminds me of my Granny.
Why does THE LIVING BIBLE remind me of my Granny? It's her favorite version of the Bible and she has read the Bible all the way through each year and has done so for decades. (Yes. Decades.)
Through my readings, I try to focus and listen.
Well, I keep feeling pulled and drawn to Charles Spurgeon. He was a pastor who lived in England from 1834-1892. He was a pastor for over 38 years and frequently spoke to crowds numbered around 10,000. He wrote 63 volumes of sermons from fifty-two to sixty per volumes, plus several other works of books, devotionals, songs, etc. He is known as "The Prince of Preachers" and his writings are still highly read today. 


I'm going to focus on reading his works this year and will journal about them. 
Spurgeon had a gift of writing and preaching and I look forward to him being a focus in my daily walk this year. 
I will not read anything this year but: the Bible, Spurgeon, and books/blog posts on journaling. After all this is meant to be a year of FOCUS for me.
Stay tuned. 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment