Tuesday, January 6, 2015

AN INTRODUCTION TO "A YEAR WITH CHARLES H. SPURGEON"

AN INTRODUCTION TO "A YEAR WITH CHARLES H. SPURGEON"
Written January 06, 2015, Tuesday, 434 p.m.
---
WELCOME: AN INTRODUCTION TO "A YEAR WITH CHARLES H. SPURGEON."
I've decided to focus all of my reading this year on reading the Bible from cover to cover, as well as to reading the works of Charles H. Spurgeon. 
Why?
I'm tired of garbage in, garbage out in my life--in my mind and in my heart.
I want to take my faith to a new level.
I want to live the faith of the ages, not today's faith. I want to focus on the Word of God, on prayer, on giving thanks, and following Jesus Christ. 
I do not want to live a modernized, watered down, washed-up, dumbed down, simplified to the point of having no substance--faith. 
I want to live the faith that makes people want to know what makes me different--not a faith that makes me one with this modern world so I am not set apart. 
I do not want to be one of those that turn people away from God and Jesus, rather than to them. 
This is the story of my journey in trying to do precisely that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment