Monday, January 5, 2015

MONDAY: JOURNALING HINTS, TIPS, AND PROMPTS




~*~*~
JOURNALING STUFF MAINSTREAM
---
​CHECKING IN: ALSO A JOURNALING PROMPT
How is your journaling going on a whole? Explain. Be thorough.
How is your journaling going this year so far? Explain. Be thorough.
List at least three memories you made so far.
List at least five of your biggest blessings this year.
---
JOURNALING PROMPT
Count at least five blessings right now.
---
MY BLESSINGS JOURNALING (01.04.2015d.)
Written January 04, 2015, Sunday, 152 p.m.
I am blessed to have a day of rest today (1544). Thank You, Lord, for this day.
Kara cat has been a snuggle bug (1545).
Again, I have more of a vision for my life this year (1546): personally, professionally, spiritually and my journaling thereof (1547-1549).
That I'm only going to read this year stuff on journaling, the Bible, and Charles Spurgeon (1550-1552).
That my one word this year is focus (1553).
That my life word is blessing (1554).
The font, Handlee (1555).
Our favorite diner (1556).
Penzu (1557).
1557 blessings since November 01, 2014. (1558)
~*~*~
JOURNALING STUFF FOR CHRISTIANS
---
JOURNALING STUFF FOR CHRISTIANS, CHARLES SPURGEON, AND MY PERSONAL JOURNALING (01.04.2015e. and 01.05.2015a.)
Written January 04, 2015, Sunday, 448 p.m.
HOW QUICKLY AND THINGS CHANGE--BECAUSE OF CONVICTION
(SPURGEON'S MORNING AND EVENING DEVOTIONAL)
I started reading the classic devotional, "MORNING AND EVENING" by Charles Spurgeon this year. I've read material by Spurgeon before, and have found his writing and preaching powerful and life transforming. He helps me want to read the Bible, study it, pray on it, think on it, apply it, review, remember, analyze, adjust, be in the Word and with God, and repeat.
Apart from the people in the Bible, I don't think anyone has, or can, teach me and bring me to God and the Word than Charles H. Spurgeon.
His MORNING AND EVENING has made me want to commit first to Christian and Blessings Journaling this year, then to the mainstream journaling. That being said, I have got to get JOURNALING STUFF 2014 EDITION edited and published as soon as possible so I can refer to that work. It is mainly a mainstream journaling how-to of hints, tips, and prompts. Then, I can devote the rest of this year with the priority of Blessings and Christian Journaling.
---
I WANT IN MY HANDS...
It was rather amusing on Saturday. Thank God my husband is an expert with humoring me. We were out and about doing errands when I asked him if we could stop by a Christian bookstore nearby. It was out of the blue.
Now, if you know me at all, you would know how I rarely can go to a Bible store and not buy something. If you saw the eleven bookcases at my house (in which we have gotten rid of half of our books, and movers lost one-quarter of our books prior), you would know hubby and I love the Word of God and anything that helps us study the Bible.
So... I know what he possibly thought.
"Sure. Let's go."
Bless him.
We walked in and as we did, I said, "I have no idea why we are here, but something told me on come."
So, as he checked out the leather chairs (we want to bully a couple for our new home and are looking around), I looked around. That was when it hit me what I wanted. Either a hardcover or leather/leatherette version of MORNING AND EVENING. B pointed out a paper copy, the one and only copy let me add to my disappointment, I frowned and said what I realized I wanted. So, we both said, "Amazon.com" at the same time.
Bummer.
I explained to B, as my eyes misted (Silly. Where did that come from?), how with how huge of a year 2015 was going to be for us, I wanted something to mark it's importance and help me to remember my priority. I wanted to remember what God, B, and I go through this year. It was/is really important. I wanted it in my hands so I can write all over it and then journal about it.
B nodded--not saying much. He knows me. He may not fully grasp it, but he knows how making memories, remembering, and journaling are so important to me. So, he does anything he can to help, even though he isn't wired anything like me in that regard. It's important to me, so it is important to him. Bless him.
So, I got home, went online, and found one for cheap and it's a leatherette one. Yay!
---
BIBLE
Written January 05, 1112 a.m.
Going through MORNING AND EVENING has made me long to literally cling, with my hands, to a paper version of the devotional and the Bible. Sigh.
The hunt for a new Bible to mark this momentous year began.
I must confess how I own most of the Bibles on the market. No kidding. The unisex and women varieties, let me be clear. Hence, what Bible did I want? That was when I remembered how a
while ago, I got rid of one of my Bibles since I saw an e-book version was coming out. Well, it never did and I got rid of that Bible. Sigh. I found it online and bought it yesterday.
The Bible and the devotional will help me as I prepare to move in the next couple of months or so, buy a house from over 1700 miles away, will help the move across the country, will help me as we set up our home, get to know our neighbors, and find a new church home.
Never mind how sometime, we will lose Kara and Zack... I pray that is a long time out, though.
There are several expectations of the Bible and devotional, you see.
The devotional will be here tomorrow and the Bible will be the next day--neither of which are soon enough, I will have you know. (I chuckle.)
So, now it's time for my Bible reading and then the devotional. I'm running a little slow today, you see.
Oh! And, the Bible is a Devotional Bible, so I have to change my reading plan. It's the beginning to end, cover to cover, in a year type.
---
CHRISTIAN JOURNALING PROMPT
Count more blessings.
What is your Bible Reading, studying, and application plan this year? Why?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment