Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bible and Prayer Journaling October 07, 2014 809 a.m.




Bible and Prayer Journaling October 07, 2014 809 a.m. 

Our beagle, Zack, at age 14.75 years has dementia (canine cognitive disorder) and some days and nights are rough. Last night was one of those. It means not getting much sleep as we try to calm him and just be there for our faithful and loyal companion who has done nothing to deserve this. It also means a late night of prayer and suffering from a broken heart as we feel helpless and wish he didn't have to experience it. 

As my Granny says, that's something about old age. Your mind goes and you have good health physically otherwise, or your health goes and your mind is sharp. 

Zack is in pretty good physical health for his age. 

Needless to say, as tears kept streaming down my face, I read the Book of Job and 17.5 Psalms. I am a day ahead of schedule in my Read the Bible in 90 days now. 

As I read the Bible and prayed, I kept asking myself what I really want to focus on in my writing. What blog post series do I want to write and books do I want to write? 

I need to add another reason why my heart is troubled and why I got less sleep last night. I'm also worried about Kara. We are waiting the results from the vet from.her blood work to see if we can bring her inside. (And, I keep praying she would eat a great deal more than she does.)

So, what do I want to write? 

Blog posts and books about counting our blessings through it all, and growing our faith in the process, as we deal with the storms and sunshine of this thing called life. 

And, I think reading the Bible all the way through, cover to cover, Five fines in fifteen months would be revolutionary and transforming.

This, consequently, is my plan. 

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2009-2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment