Monday, October 6, 2014

Today's Bible and Prayer Journaling: October 06, 2014: THE READ THE BIBLE FIVE TIMES IN 15 MONTHS BLOG POST SERIES




Today's Bible and Prayer Journaling: October 06, 2014: THE READ THE BIBLE FIVE TIMES IN 15 MONTHS BLOG POST SERIES
2014-10-06 09:01:03, Monday

I decided two days ago (today is day 3) to start a "Read the Bible in 90 Days Program." After all, I want to read the Bible cover to cover between now and the end of the year, which means I technically need to read it in 88 days, not 90. I'm reading the readings from BibleGateway.com at this link: 
This means my readings didn't start at Genesis 1, which I'm just fine with. I will get there between now and the end of the year, but just am not starting there. It works for me. I want to read all of the Bible for 2014 and then maybe twice or three times in 2015. I want the Bible to be the first book I go to and read each day, not any other book. 
I didn't get all of yesterday's reading done, but have finished it this morning. My reading today is: Nehemiah 13:15 - Job 7:21. I hope to get to Job 15ish or so in order to make up for the two additional days I need to read of the 90 day Bible reading plan. 
And, yes. I think I've just decided I want to incorporate the 90 day reading plan into my life all year. If I did this, it means I would read the Holy Bible four times in 2015. 
Wow. 
I'm pausing and letting that set in for a moment.
Read the Bible five times between now and the end of 2015? Yes. This seems like a life-transforming goal. Count me in! What an incredible journey it would and will be. 
Hence, welcome to:
THE READ THE BIBLE FIVE TIMES IN 15 MONTHS BLOG POST SERIES. 

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present LLC 2014.)


No comments:

Post a Comment