Saturday, August 30, 2014

Blessings Journaling Counted and Esther (Aug.28.2014c.)




Blessings Journaling Counted and Esther (Aug.28.2014c.)

2014-08-28 09:22:40, Thursday

WARREN WIERSBE'S WRITINGS: BIBLE STUDIES AND COMMENTARIES IN MY LIBRARY
I just did an inventory for my information only and discovered these blessings. I have the Bible commentaries by Warren Wiersbe on the books of: Genesis 1-11; Mark; Revelation; Romans; and Ruth/Esther (Blessings 642-646). And, I have his commentaries on: Isaiah, Ruth/Esther, Acts 13-28; 1 Peter; Daniel; Romans; Revelation; and Psalm 1-89 (647-654). What wonderful blessings. Thank You, Lord. 

ESTHER 1
Earlier I read Esther 1 and said how I highlighted every single verse. Thank God, my highlights and everything came through from the BibleGateway.com app to the internet version of my account. It didn't yesterday. (655)

BIBLEGATEWAY.COM HIGHLIGHTS, FAVORITES, AND NOTES
I just saved all three down in my journal of what I have for those three categories so far. (656, 657, 658).

MISC. AND ETC. 
Unspoken prayer request.

659 B called--and gave me an update (660)--and told me some other stuff, quite the blessing (661). Thanks, Lord, for using my husband like You do (662 and 663). 

Unspoken prayer request. 

ESTHER 1
The introduction to the chapter and book:

Esther 1:1-4 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

These events took place during the days of Ahasuerus, who ruled 127 provinces from India to Cush. In those days King Ahasuerus reigned from his royal throne in the fortress at Susa. He held a feast in the third year of his reign for all his officials and staff, the army of Persia and Media, the nobles, and the officials from the provinces. He displayed the glorious wealth of his kingdom and the magnificent splendor of his greatness for a total of 180 days.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved. (664-667)

For more information on Esther 1:1, here's a link:

For more information on Esther 1 see:

To listen to commentary and study on the Book of Esther, check out Dr. J. Vernon McGee's timeless audio  at: 


And, his ministry, Through the Bible Radio Network has notes and outlines on Esther to Job which can be found here:

INTRODUCTION OF ESTHER
There is no mention few the name of God in the book. However, 192 times the heathen king is mentioned. Also, there are only two books in the Bible named for women: Ruth and Esther. 

Esther is a book of providence. Providence is how God directs the creation and universe.

Deuteronomy 31:18 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

18 I will certainly hide My face on that day because of all the evil they have done by turning to other gods.

The Israelites focused on idols, then Deuteronomy 31:18. After the Babylonian captivity of seventy years, not everyone left and went back to Israel. It was a large segment of people. Several million didn't return when God commanded for them to do so. Esther is this record. 

God directs these people even though they are not in His will--because of His providence. Esther talks about this. These people in a foreign land, who didn't obey His orders, are the people of Esther. God hasn't forgotten them.

Esther teaches the providence of God. Providence is the direction God gives all. His will prevails. 

Ephesians 1:11 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,

Ephesians 1:11 shows the providence of God. 

Information on the providence of God can be found here (and it's extremely helpful):

And:

Providence is provision given by God through his foresight. Direction given by God. God will provide and providence is this. It's the Almighty God working in the events of sinful, carnate, and finite human beings. He's in control. We/I are not. 

Esther talks about the permissive will of God. 

Writer and author of Esther is unknown. 

COMPUTER ISSUES
Ugh! My computer is acting SOOO slow. Hang on... Need to do some maintenance on it. 

(Side-Note to Self: 170,654 = a # I needed to remember.)

I'm deleting more files. Again... 

(Note to self: # to remember: 38.1)

EMAIL
Checking email and responding to some... 2014-08-28 11:15:58.



Blessings Counted Journaling (Aug.28.2014d.)

2014-08-28 11:29:53

Blessing 675 I have 285 journal entries since August 04, 2014.

676 I have 675 blessings from August 16, 2014 to now. 

677 How our cat, Sinan (pronounced See-naw-n) loves to lie on the dog's bed. It's where he is right now. 

Oh! I just remembered something I want to do. I want to save all of my highlights from my Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9-inch HDX Tablet. 

678 I saved my highlights of the Voskamp and Wiersbe books that I'm reading right now. So, I can look at them as a reference now. (Yay!)

679 Thank You, Lord, for showing me how to save stuff on cloud and Penzu and not to my desktop. 680 This makes them permanent in my life. (Yay!)

681 Thank God. At this point, if I were to accidentally lose everything on my computer, I would be okay. I have all of it saved elsewhere. 

682 I still am trying to get used to doing more work off of my tablet and less off of my computer--so I can write everywhere in my house, in each room, in each nook and cranny, and even outside. 

(Note to Self of new #s to remember: 37.2 &  170,654 to 158,405)

Switching to tablet now. 2014-08-28 12:00:45.

683 My pc just did an update. Maybe this will help it. (Please, Lord.) (I keep having the bad feeling I may need to wipe it clean and start over, so I have it ready if I need to do so. I pray the updates help.)

Zack is having dementia all of the sudden. Poor guy. 

B was supposed to be home early today. Well... We shall see when he gets home. I'm not complaining. No. Not at all. Lord, use him. Give Him Your words.

Computer is restarting. Glad I switched to my tablet. (684)

685 Thank God for lip balm for chapped lips. 

686 I am grateful, God, for my tablet.

Psalm 118:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 I will not die; instead, I will live
    to tell what the Lord has done.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (687)

Lord, I am all over the place. Help me to center my thoughts and acts on You and Your Word. Give me focus, Lord. This is my prayer:

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

For though we live in the body, we do not wage war in an unspiritual way, since the weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments and every high-minded thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive to obey Christ. And we are ready to punish any disobedience, once your obedience has been confirmed.

Amen!!!

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 Expanded Bible (EXB)

[L For] Although we ·live in the world [L walk in the flesh], we do not ·fight [wage war] ·in the same way the world fights [L according to the flesh]We fight with weapons that are ·different from those the world uses [not merely human weapons; L not of the flesh]. Our weapons have power from God that can destroy ·the enemy’s strong places[L strongholds; fortresses]. We destroy ·people’s arguments [human reasoning; sophistries] and every ·proud thing [pretension; exalted opinion; L high thing] that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it obey Christ.We are ready to ·punish [avenge] ·anyone there who does not obey [L every disobedience], ·but first we want you to obey fully [L once/after your obedience is fulfilled;C once the church as a whole repents, Paul will discipline those who refuse].
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved. (689)

Lord, help me to take my every thought captive and make it obedient to You and Your Word alone. Teach me and help me to do so, God. I thank You for putting this thought and the verses on my mind (690). 

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 The Message (MSG)

3-6 The world is unprincipled. It’s dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn’t fight fair. But we don’t live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. (691)

693 Thank You, Lord, for helping me with my computer.

694 Thank You, Lord, for Pocket, the app, which saves all of my blog and online articles. 

Ugh. Having more computer issues. I'm working off of tablet, thank God, but am trying to delete stuff off of computer.

Give me a moment. Let me finish this up and then I will try to do what I hear You calling me to do, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment