Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blessings Journaling (Aug.23.2014d.)



Blessings Journaling (Aug.23.2014d.)

2014-08-23 13:32:09

 448 I read all of Psalm 34 and discovered I could highlight all of the verses and probably should (449). However, I decided to address the verses which grabbed me the most today:

Psalm 34:1-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

A Psalm of David when he feigned madness before Abimelech, who drove him away and he departed.

34 I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul will make its boast in the Lord;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.
O magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation (450).

Look at the progression of the verses of Psalm 34:1-4. First is verse one, then verse two happens, then three, then four. Now, look at verse four. Note that all of my fears are only delivered AFTER I do verses one through three. plus then four. This is important to note. It's progressive. If this, then this. (Thank You for showing me this, God. 451)

When we pray a hedge of protection, and for angels to protect us and our loved ones, we need to remember this verse. for, there is a catch. In order for an angel to protect an individual, they must... See this verse:

Psalm 34:7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

The Angel of the Lord encamps
around those who fear Him, and rescues them.

Lord, I knew to pray a hedge of protection by an angel over myself and my loved ones, but I knew there was a caveat. We MUST FEAR and revere Him.

Let's look at another version of this verse:

Psalm 34:7 New Living Translation (NLT)

For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (453)

How had I missed the last part of the verse in the past? It's a rather important part of the verse, I would say.

Goodness, Lord. You have presented me with so much since August 16, 2014. Lots of thoughts. Lots of guidance and instruction. Lots of Bible verses. How can I remember everything?

454 Thank God I journal so I can remember all of this.

Seriously, though, Lord. How do You want me to review this material and when?  

And, when do You want me to do some formatting of the book?  

And, when do You want me to add more memoir style writing? 

Answer: Now. Do all three I just asked. Format book, add more memoir style, and review--now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment