Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blessings Counted Journaling (Aug.27.2014c.)




Blessings Counted Journaling (Aug.27.2014c.)

Journaled 2014-08-27 13:26:54, Wednesday

565 I thank You, Lord, for 564 Blessings so far. 

566 For 273 journaling entries since August 04, 2014. 

Psalm 118:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 I will not die; instead, I will live
    to tell what the Lord has done.
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (567)
 
This is why I'm counting my blessings. My goal is to count a minimum of 3,650 blessings over the next year. 
 
It is not about the number, but it is. The number isn't the primary reason. The number is to help me keep track so I don't forget the sweet blessings You have given me Lord. For, if I do not count them, and write them in my prayer and blessings journaling, then I will forget them. I do not want to short-change the things You do in my life. I do not want to forget. Counting my blessings helps in this endeavor. 
 
The other point of counting my blessings is it makes me cognizant of searching and seeking for You, God. I want to live a life of conscious faith, where I am intentional about living my faith. If I didn't count my blessings, and do blessings and prayer journaling, then I would not live the intentional life and walk in and with You, Lord. 
 
When I count my blessings, I am showing You my reverence. I know I don't deserve one of the blessing You've given me in my life, let alone 567 since August 16th when I started to put together my Blessings Counted List. I am recognizing You alone are God. You alone can do these things. This Blessings Counted Journaling and list is my way of recognizing this is the case. Whenever I count a blessing, it's because I've had to look and around and search to find it and see it (or experience it).

568 How I've been counting my blessings and doing this intentionally since August 16, 2014 in an effort to look for Your work and glory Lord and acknowledge You. Every blessing, Lord, is You showing Your glory and how You alone are god. It's a reminder of how You are Creator, Sustainer, Judge, King, Redeemer, and Lord of all.

It's been nearly two weeks since I started this blessing journaling journey. I am jsut barely getting started. 

569 The smile and welcome of acquaintances. 

570 The taste of a grilled chicken tender dipped in mashed potatoes mixed with brown gravy.

571 Counting my blessings has made me stop and enjoy a slower, more mindful life where I try to notice every minute detail and see Your handiwork there. 

572 Counting my blessings has helped me through the stress of trying to figure out the proverbial: "What's next?" Or, "Where is God leading?"

573 Counting my blessings makes me stop and look around. It forces me to cut the busyness and stress. It gives me perspective to see what really matters and what is really important. 

574 Watching a turtle swim is so relaxing and rejuvenating. They are so smooth and carefree. 

575 How turtles have a natural smile on their faces--and so do cats 576 for that matter. It makes me feel merry. 

576 Counting my blessings is walking on sacred ground. 

577 Counting my blessings, offering thanksgiving to God, shows my acknowledgment of how He alone matters and how He is above all. 

578 I am very grateful to learn how much ingratitude I've offered the Lord over the years and decades. For, it makes me determined all the more in the present to count my blessings now and not take anything for granted, if I can help it. 

579 Counting my blessings has given me some clarity and some perspective 580.

581 The sight of the light after a nighttime of dark--each morning when I rise. 

582 The excitement my dog, cat 583, and turtles 584 and 585 get when they see me stir in the morning. Their greeting means so much.

586 The refreshing feel of cold water in my mouth, on my tongue, and down my throat whenever I feel warm or parched. 

587 The taste of cold and fresh cream after you have a sip of coffee before you realize the cream has almost soured.

588 Knowing that Fall is just around the corner. It's my favorite season of the year and has been all of my life. 

589 The sound of typing on the keyboard of my pc.

590 This morning and everything it entailed.2014-08-27 16:26:55

591 The acknowledgment, Lord, of how You are in control and You've got my future. You have a plan--I just need to wait, follow, and cooperate where and when You lead

592 Counting my blessings makes me wait. I wait in between the spotting of, and/or realization, of a blessing--of You at work and Your glory. 

593 Everything blessing is your bestowing grace on me and in my life. Wow. Wonder of Wonders. 

2014-08-27 14:02:19

Lord, I cannot feel right now that I want more. A lot more. Of what, I have no idea. I just want more. I just cannot get enough.

Ahh. I just realized what it is. Of You. I want more of You and Your word--for I just cannot, and have never, gotten enough of You. I always want more. Hwo could I ever feel satisfied, particularly since the Fall. I do not live the life You ahve intended because of the Fall. But, one day I will have the life You intended. The fullness of life as I walk with You again, like Adam and Eve once did in the Garden of Eden. 

594 Counting my blessings, through Blessings Counted Journaling and Blessings Journaling, is actually prayer. 

595 For how social turtles are.

596 My coffee pot.

597 This journal.

598 Penzu.com

Took a little break. (2014-08-27 14:29:43)

God, teach me to live a life of gratitude in You. 

599 Mom called. 

2014-08-27 16:27:00

600 Just got off the phone with Mom.

God, teach me how to practice thanksgiving and gratitude no matter how I am or what I'm doing (or not doing). Teach me to always give overflowing thanks. (I thank You, now, in advance, knowing You will 601.)

Ephesians 5:20 Expanded Bible (EXB)

20 ·Always give [L …always giving] thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved. (602)

Ephesians 5:20 New Living Translation (NLT)

20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (603)

Philippians 4:6 New Living Translation (NLT)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (604)

When should I give thanks? All the time--without fail--without stopping--and for everything. 

About ten months ago I struggled with this concept. I still do to a point, but not like I did then. It was when the second round of IVF didn't work and we were told we would never be able to have a child naturally.

(Note: That being said, adoption wasn't a fall-back. No. Anything but that. I always dreamed of having a baby in my womb and what it would be like for God to grow the baby in me, without my help, as I went along for the ride--and experienced that bonding... So, that's what we wanted to try first. Plus, we're both only children and the end of the family bloodline was on our minds. But, we believe there is far more to family than blood. The family line will hopefully continue. We just wanted to try that first. That's all.) 

So, after the blows of finding out I was infertile, then B was, then IVF round one didn't work, then round two didn't work... How do you give thanks in all of that? 

That was why I stopped reading the book "ONE THOUSAND GIFTS" by Ann Voskamp at the end of last year. I couldn't figure out how to thank God through that--so I stopped. I realize now that was foolish. But, I cannot unscramble that omelet. It is what it is. The question is: How will I respond today? How can I learn to truly, really, always give thanks--even in the midst of something so painful. 

I still need to learn how to give thanks even on Mother's Day and Father's Day--those days are even more painful for us. How do you always give thanks--even through that--through this? 

How do you give thanks when a friend of yours fought the cancer battle, and won, only to develop another form of cancer and is fighting that battle? How do you give thanks when someone you see on a regular basis has a child, and wants another, but has no clue whatsoever in how to love or raise the child they have--and they admit to it? And, how do you give thanks when you would give anything to have one and have a clue (at least a small one)? 

There was another instance that I think pushed me a year ago to stop reading "ONE THOUSAND GIFTS." It was two weeks after receiving the bad news the latest round of IVF didn't work... I went to a coffee shop to count my blessings and journal and write. Two women sat in the table in front of mine and I faced them and heard everything they said. Listen to what I heard:

"Yeah... So, I'm knocked up again--as if I don't have enough of those already."

Knocked up. One of THOSE. (Pardon?)

And, she added to her girlfriend, "I really hate being a mom, and don't really enjoy it at all, but I keep popping them out." 

Keep popping them out. (Pardon?)

Ouch. 

It was my favorite coffee shop. The truth is, I haven't been back. This conversation I overheard damaged me. 

Why can people like THAT keep getting pregnant, multiple times, and the one who's wanted kids every day all of my life, and planned on how to raise them in a godly manner, cannot? 

How do you give thanks in this? 

And, how do you give thanks when there are people who don't even recognize a fetus as a life--and they have an abortion--when someone like me wishes for one? They are murderers. How do you give thanks for this?

How do you give thanks when you are a bodybuilder and have a surgery that had complications, which leaves you wheelchair bound? 

Or, how does a former Olympic swimmer, gold-medal winner, give thanks after an accident that left her paralyzed? 

How do you give thanks when God is silent?

The answer in all of these scenarios is this: Give thanks at all times and in all circumstances means that. It doesn't mean to give thanks only when it's fair or right. This is why I am counting my blessings now. Because through it all, we are to give thanks. And, now that I realize this, it got me through a very rough time last week. I am better off for it--since I thanked God right through it all. 

Giving thanks shouldn't be just when you feel like it. Giving thanks is something we do at all times--no qualifiers. Period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment