Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blessings Counted Journaling and Time with God in the Word (Aug.26.2014d.)




Blessings Counted Journaling and Time with God in the Word (Aug.26.2014d.)

2014-08-26 12:51:07

TIME WITH GOD IN THE WORD READING FOR TODAY #3
Psalm 119:89-176 and 1 Corinthians 8

495 Just realized I got Atkins Chocolate Peanut Candies--not just Chocolate Candies. Yummy! Nice surprise. 

496 All of Psalm 119:89-176 --I read and got a lot out of (497).

Here's the verse which spoke the most to me:

Psalm 119:164 New Living Translation (NLT)

164 I will praise you seven times a day
    because all your regulations are just.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. (498)

Amen! 

I want to thank You for Your blessings and remember what You have done all day and all night. Psalm 119:164 talks about at least seven times a day the Psalmist wants to praise You, Lord. I think this is a good minimum. I hope to implement this verse in my life. 

Just got sidetracked and started to look for writing groups in Roanoke, in which there are several. Including a Christian writing. But, no journaling or memoir writing groups. 

Now... Reading 1 Corinthians 8. Read. (499)

500 Got three days of Bible reading done and I got a lot from it, thank You, Lord. 

My back is hurting. Really bad. Wonder what I did to it. I have sharp shooting pain going through it from time to time, particularly if I move or breathe,but have a constant low throb. I also feel cramps coming on. (Ugh.) 

Went to grab some more coffee and some baby aspirin, along with my vitamins. 

Now, on to this...

2014-08-26 13:52:17

"ONE THOUSAND GIFTS" BY ANN VOSKAMP


501 I am thankful I have 500 blessings counted so far. I sure don't deserve one, let alone 500. I still cannot believe that I counted my first blessing of this list of 1000 on ???

502 My dad called. 

503 Finished reading Chapter 2 of "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. 

THINKING THINGS THROUGH AS WE TRY TO DISCOVER WHAT GOD DESIRES
2014-08-26 16:10:38

I just got off the phone with dad for the second time today about three minutes ago (504). We talked almost an hour the first time (505). I spoke with B for about eleven minutes in-between (506). Then Dad again for over an hour as we had a serious talk about B's and my future plans (507). He shared his honest assessment and gave me some things to think about--and he's excited (508) about our prospects--and now I'm all the more excited (509). And I know B will be as well (510). 

Let's be honest I'm almost forty and B's older. We do not seek or need my parents' approval on anything. But, it's sure nice at times. This is one of those. It lets us know if we are thinking clearly as they share their thoughts and help us weigh our options. So, tomorrow, I will call Mom and do the same with her. And, my parents are honest. They will never insert themselves in our business or choices, but they will speak freely about what they would do if we consent. We do consent on this. After all, this is really big stuff. It's our future that totally rides on this.

Big decisions require several different angles of thinking and B and I want to make sure we get all of the angles. It's not something we want to be shortsighted about or biased about. We want to think things through. THINK--things--THROUGH and not skip anything or forget anything. We want to think on everything and weigh our options--as we pray. 

In the end, this is ultimately about God and what He wants. We pray for Him to bless or block it all--and for guidance as to what He desires of us.

Let me be honest here. We're being pulled in a direction we never wanted to go--and never could have imagined. It is not what we would have wanted, let me stress that again. In fact, it was on our never-do-list. And, I mean that--never. However, we want to do God's will--and if it means doing our never-do-list, so be it. There have been several things on my never-do-list in the past that God has brought about in my life and they turned out being for the best in my life, when I was sure they would turn out for the worst.

Though it, He reminds me He is God and He knows best and can turn even the storms into a beautiful creation of new life after the storm passes. And, if we do what God wants, it will be perfect--since He has perfect plans. 

Let me stop there for a minute. My dad is not a talker. However, this was one of those special moments--where I will never forget our discussion today (511). We talked. We really talked and shared a moment. He told me his thoughts and shared in planing of the future with me. It meant so much (512). 

I've done some of that with my mom over the last few weeks, but not like I did just now with dad. So, it's time tomorrow to do the same with her. It helps give all thoughts, sides, and helps plan. It helps B and I know if we are on track and it gets them involved and vested in it as well. This means everything (513).

To You be all glory, honor, and praise, Lord.

I feel a lot better about things and now know B and I aren't talking ourselves into something.  

Hah! Emailing with Mom right now. Or was... (2014-08-26 16:48:23) 

Who knows what the future will really bring. But, it's important to plan all options and possibilities so you can flow into the future with ease and not collide with it. This is our philosophy. After today, I'm more at ease with these decisions.

B and I spoke this morning about this and thought we felt more and more at ease with the decisions and possibilities. But, now, I think I am all the more okay with it, if this happens. Sure. It's now what I wanted, but what if what I wanted would have been a lesser future? What if my plans were too small? (514)

My jaw just fell open as I wrote that last sentence. Huh. I never would have thought that. God put it in my mind. I sure didn't think it or realize this might be the case. I thought my dream was big.  What if it wasn't? 

The fact B and I are even thinking in these lines, and have acted accordingly, shows we are being led by God. My conversations with my dad and mom prove that. And, the sentence I wrote of how maybe my plans were too small came from God. I never would have realized this might have been the case. I cannot wait to share that nugget with B when he gets home.

What if our plans were too small? 

Letting that roll around in my mind... 

Now, I'm going to read chapter 3 of "ONE THOUSAND GIFTS" by Ann Voskamp--as that rolls around in there. 

Lord, what do You want us to do? Show us the way. Lead us, guide us, instruct us. Make Your answer obvious. 

What a blessing it is to have options (515).

No comments:

Post a Comment