Friday, August 29, 2014

Blessings Counted Journaling and the Book of Esther (Aug.28.2014b.)




Blessings Counted Journaling and the Book of Esther (Aug.28.2014b.)

2014-08-28 07:23:10, Thursday

Good morning, Lord. 

I just took a couple of deep breaths. I finally had the time to do so, along with the inclination. You woke B and I up with a call of prayer needed. Thank You for the call (628), for waking us (629), and the opportunity to pray (630).

As I sit here, I think of a blessing and prayer journaling entry I did yesterday evening... where I talked about how we are to always give thanks, even when we don't want to, don't feel like it, and/or don't find it fair. (Sorry about the triple negative sentence, but You don't care about grammar in prayer. Thanks You for the grace 631.) Boy, that prayer request fits in here...

Lord, it amazes me what people experience in this world... some terrible, heart and gut wrenching stuff... where I have no idea how they could possibly deal with it... and they do... and far greater than they ever should be able to... when You infuse them thoroughly with Your strength. I pray that now.

Private.

I am at a loss and do not know at this point what to pray or what blessings to count. I'm blank. 

Lord, You sure trust people with much. Thank You, I think... (632)

Ahh! I just remembered something I keep forgetting to share. (Thank You, Jesus. I praise You for reminding me to get this down and capture it on the page. 633.)

On Monday, I'm starting a ladies Bible study of the Book of Esther (634). I am so excited (635). It's an online Bible study by an organization called, Love God Greatly (636). 

Here is the link:

I am a Bible study nut, where I usually do far more than the required reading. I like to learn as much as possible and get as much as I can out of it. I know the only way to do that is to put as much into it as possible. So, as of last night, I've started to read and do an additional Bible study (637) and commentary (638) on Esther by Warren Wiersbe (639) called, BE COMMITTED. (Note: Plus, in time, I want to get all 66 Bible study and commentaries by him anyway. They are really good and I could repeat reading them and doing them over the course of my next forty plus years.)

READING "BE COMMITTED" BY WARREN WIERSBE
"Doing God's will whatever the cost" is the rest of the BE COMMITTED title of the Bible study and commentary by Warren Wiersbe. The full title tell a great deal of what to expect from them, but far more importantly from the Book of Esther and from Esther herself. I can only imagine what life application I will glean from this study. (640)

God is never named or mentioned in the Book of Esther. Not once.

Interesting, is it not?

I'm going to read Esther 1 now. (2014-08-28 08:11:06)

Okay....So, I just highlighted every verse of Esther 1. (641)

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC. August 2014. Norfolk Botanical Garden.)

No comments:

Post a Comment