Thursday, October 4, 2012

Writing Help--or Obstacles?



Here it is 10:24 a.m. and I am still in my pj's. (Gotta love the full-time writing thing!) I am trying to get a lot of writing done and do not want to stop for a bit to change. I am not even getting up for coffee--and that is saying something! 

Evidently, someone (Sinan the Terrible. Cat. Lol.) thought I was working too hard and decided to be cute (he's good at that!). 

"Whatcha doin?" Sinan asked as he hung from the back on desk chair--with me sitting in it (see the pink pj's). 

Me: "You're--not--helping!" I say in a high and cute voice he seems to like.

In the meanwhile... Zack Beagle is bored with my writing--as usual.

And you can see the shelf that needs organizing and the rice sock I threw to the floor when I got too hot (sore back). 

And, how do I get writing done with this handful? 

So, is he a helper or an obstacle? I think I am going to take his cue that I need to go get dressed and get coffee and then try another round of intense writing.

So, what do you do with writing obstacles? Do you allow them to be an obstacle--or do you turn it into a benefit and something positive? 

Stacy Duplease
Thriller Historical Fiction Writer
Roanoke 1584-1590: The Family Treez of the USA Series, Book 1
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA


No comments:

Post a Comment