Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The greatest book of all time: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand



I think the greatest book of all-time, apart from the bible of course, is "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

In fact, I think it should be a requirement ALL Americans read the book.

I am getting excited for the movie, Part 2 to come out here in the next couple of weeks. 

There are problems of the book: The size appears massive. The book is terrible for about the 1st hundred pages.

However, the 1st 100 pages are necessary. Sou see that later. 

As to the size of the book, I can finish it in three days of intense reading. I read fast, though. 

The book is about life. It's a book about a woman who wants to succeed and gives her all to her work. It's a mystery  It's philosophical. It shares how it is okay to make money. (I add that it depends on what you do with your money that counts!) It's a love story. It's a wonderful, fabulous read (after the 1st 100 pages.) It is addictive. I get obsessed with reading it every time I read it again. It's suspenseful. It's chocking--in a good way. It will make you laugh and cry. It will make you furious and shout with joy. Ayn Rand is a wonderful writer and is my writing inspiration. 

I try to re-read it every 2 years tops--and have since I was 18. So, it's been a couple decades. 

Have you read this book?

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.) 

Stacy Duplease
Thriller Historical Fiction Writer
Roanoke 1584-1590: The Family Treez of the USA Series, Book 1
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA

No comments:

Post a Comment