Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tired but Pleased



Warning: Political talk in this blog post.  

So, last night, my husband and I stayed up much too late--watching the presidential debates. They took place in our home state of Colorado--and man, we wish we could have been there.

We finally turned the light off at 1:30 a.m. Ugh! I am the type who, in an idea world, would go to bed at 9:00 and wake up at 5:00. However, I do the 10 to 6 thing instead usually. Well... Maybe 11 to 6:30--depending on how much I read and how many times we hit the snooze button. 

I am quite pleased with the presidential debate. Quite. Quite, quite, quite. 

I never dreamed Romney would do so well. But, I did debate in high school. I should have known better. Romney knows his stuff. He knows his subject well and knows where he stands on the issues. So, of course, he would do well. He was able to show what he knows last night--along with his plans. He emerged a leader--not a manager. I was impressed. 

Wow. (Well done, Romney.)

(Image Credit: Microsoft Images Online.) 

Stacy Duplease
American Citizen 

1 comment:

  1. I thought Romney conducted himself better than Obama, but his "plans" seemed long on idealism and short on facts. That's the most troubling thing about Romney's campaign to me, is the heavy element of "I don't have any numbers or solid data, but just trust me anyway."

    Most of his statements in last night's debate were also the polar opposite of what he's been campaigning on so far, which I also found a little problematic. But he definitely came out on top of the debate.

    ReplyDelete