Monday, September 12, 2016

The Tacky Nature of Blogs and Websites vs. Posting What is Right Not What is Profitable

This is another blog post I hate having to write or post. I find is sad this is something that even needs to be addressed. However, someone needs to call this out. It may mean I lose readers, but I would rather stand for what is right than say nothing over what is wrong. 

Silence is killing all of us, and so is political correctness. 

I find it beyond tacky (the kindest, gentlest word I can find) how some blogs and websites refuse to change the blog posts they had planned for a certain day.
Let me explain.

On September 11th, you would think every American blog and every website would have a post of remembrance. 

I find this even more asinine how Christian blogs refuse to do so.

I have noticed this any time a tragedy happens. That day and the next day, it is all about promotion and pretending like nothing ever happened because of self-satisfaction and do self-centeredness. 

Would you believe I have heard some, and determine a shrug of their shoulders, say, "Well, it was planned."

It is easy to change the dates something posts on your blog. Trust me. I know. You are reading my blog. Therefore,  I know what it takes to blog. Change the post schedule and do what is right, not what is profitable for you. 

Post what is right. 

Make your website reflect what is going on today and stop trying to sell yourself or your product. 

On September 11th, if you are American, post about that for goodness sake. This is what is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment