Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Online Research


As I research my family tree, and as I research and write this blog, I do extensive online research.

Every name

Every place

Every date

Every event

I look up all of those online and I try to learn as much information as possible as I go. And, I always ask myself the question as I do online research for genealogy and my family tree is:

Who are they, what happened, when, why, and what was their life like?

Then, I follow up with: What does that mean for me, and for us, today?

I will try to include links as I go for now to help you to do your own research as well.

Oh! I forgot to mention. With every place, when online I enter the place name and hit search. Then, I look at the map and at images, as well as at the websites and blogs about the place. I like to picture it as much as possible. It helps me picture it and remember it. It also makes history come alive for me.

It does require enormous amounts of time, though, doing as thorough of research lone as possible. But, it is quite worthwhile.

This is how I do things. I hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment