Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Story of Starting My Family Tree: Inspiration for beginning genealogists and those who need inspiration


I began researching my family tree out of curiosity, after years of not being interested in it whatsoever. I had no idea whatsoever what I was doing. I was beyond clueless.

I have always been the type that figures things out, mostly accidentally. This family tree and genealogy business has been no exception.

It is rather funny. Professional genealogists have been stumped by portions of my family tree, which I have accidentally stumbled upon the answer. So, I am quite blessed and unfortunate, though is has nothing to do with any skill on my part, but on dumb luck, thanks to the grace of God.

If you want to do your family tree, or are, keep digging. Don't give up. And, make searching online and opening up most every link you find. It's been through looking at the links I didn't think would help me at all that have filled in a missing piece.

Read every link online all the way through. You may think most of what is written junk. But, I guarantee there is at least one nugget of good information in most blog posts.

Think of yourself as a private investigator and an explorer. Grab your spyglass and hat. Then, grab your hiking gear and go wandering. Look at other family trees. Look everything up online through an online search. Keep digging. Act like an archaeologist.

Keep the excitement of adventure.

And, then you will grow your family tree.

And, not only that, history will become alive to you and will be a quite exciting and thrilling adventure.

This is what I have done and keeps off the pressure. It makes it enjoyable, not the type of hitting your head against the wall activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment