Thursday, March 31, 2016

Prayer for the land



Prayer for the land

I realize it is my responsibility to intercede for everyone, every place, and everything I can. I also realize it is a sin not to do so.

///

1 Samuel 12:23 New Living Translation (NLT)
23 “As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.
New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

///

In many cases,  I am afraid that my reminder and prayer of this verse needs to be to start to pray for others, other places, other things, not just to continue. Lord, help me to pray for everyone I can and teach me how to pray for more.

Lord, also help me to pray for the land. For where I live: My block, neighborhood, city, county, state, region, country, Church, and world. Also, help me to pray about every news story I can. Father, help me to prioritize these prayers as well.

///

Ezekiel 22:30 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
30 I searched for a man among them who would repair the wall and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land so that I might not destroy it, but I found no one.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

///

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
13 If I close the sky so there is no rain, or if I command the grasshopper to consume the land, or if I send pestilence on My people, 14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. 15 My eyes will now be open and My ears attentive to prayer from this place.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

///

2 Chronicles 7:13-15 Expanded Bible (EXB)
13 “·I may [L If I…] ·stop the sky [shut the heavens] from sending rain. ·I may [L …or if I…] command the locusts to ·destroy [devour] the land. ·I may [L …or if I…] send ·sicknesses [plague; pestilence] to my people. 14 Then if my people, who ·are called by my name [belong to me], will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek ·me [L my face] and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will ·heal [restore] their land. 15 Now ·I will see them, and I will listen [my eyes will be open and my ears attentive; 6:40] to the prayers prayed in this place.
Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

///

Lord, give me the want to pray. Put it on my mind and heart and help me to respond. And, help me respond immediately.

I will focus on meditating on these verses, along with Ephesians 6:10-20 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment