Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Word of the Day, Day 5, Romans 1:9-12

My Reading Notes and Prayer Journaling of the Book of Romans (Romans 1-16)
Written 04.20.2015.
~*~
ROMANS 1
Wow. Reading Romans 1 has left me speechless. Every single verse is a key verse. I think if you read nothing else of the Bible, Romans 1 would be the best Gospel or Good News message you could read, study, think on, pray on and about, apply, read repeatedly, review, and even memorize. Moreover, Romans 1 is a good abbreviated reading of everything you ever wanted to know about being a Christian, the Good News, sin, and heaven.
I read it first in the EXB and then in TLB.
Key Verses of Romans 1 = All.
~*~
512 p.m.
I just sat down after doing errands. Now, I will read through the Book of Romans this evening in the TLB.
~*~
Romans 2
546 p.m.
Again... The entire chapter is jammed full of wonderful material to ponder.
Key Verse = The entire chapter.
Let me note how in Romans 1, there were a couple of verses where if I read each alone, I would think they were not key verses. But, when read with the entirety of the chapter, I see those verses as key verses.
~*~
ROMANS 3-16
I read in bed and did not take notes. They would have been much the same as I said previously.
I did read Romans 1 twice yesterday and read all of Romans 1-16 between yesterday and this morning.
~*~
SUGGESTION: DO WHAT GOD TELLS YOU TO DO WITH EACH OF THE DAILY READINGS
Written 04.21.2015.
Our goal is to read four verses of the Bible per day for 25 years or so, with a few days of review and reading an entire chapter or Book of the Bible.
What Daily Questions or suggestions you do is between you and God.
There may be days all you do is read the four verses repeatedly, every moment you can. There may be other days you do all of the Daily Questions, prayer journal ten pages, memorize the four verses, and rewrite them several times in your prayer journal. Each day will have its own rhythm.
Whatever you do, the most important factor is you go as deep as you can and read repeatedly the four verses every moment you can for the next twenty-four hours. Preferably at the very least, read the four verses of the Day when you wake and are still in bed, just before you start work, break, lunch, break, before you stop work, after dinner, in the evening, before you go to sleep while lying in bed--and journal in morning, lunch, dinner, bedtime. Journal at least two sentences each time: 1 what God says to you and 2 what you say to God.
~*~
WORD OF THE DAY, DAY 5, ROMANS 1:9-12, ON 04.22.2015.
Written 04.21.2015.
Read, journal the Word, pray about, answer the Daily Questions, and apply the following three versions of Romans 1:9-12.
I have included three different versions or translations of the Bible so we can read them now and journal about them.
~*~
Romans 1:9-12 New Living Translation (NLT)
9 God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.
10 One of the things I always pray for is the opportunity, God willing, to come at last to see you. 11 For I long to visit you so I can bring you some spiritual gift that will help you grow strong in the Lord. 12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.
-- New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
~*~
Romans 1:9-12 Living Bible (TLB)
9 God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to the one I serve with all my might, telling others the Good News about his Son.
10 And one of the things I keep on praying for is the opportunity, God willing, to come at last to see you and, if possible, that I will have a safe trip.* 11-12 For I long to visit you so that I can impart to you the faith that will help your church grow strong in the Lord. Then, too, I need your help, for I want not only to share my faith with you but to be encouraged by yours: Each of us will be a blessing to the other.
-- Living Bible (TLB)
The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
~*~
Romans 1:9-12 Expanded Bible (EXB)
9 God, whom I serve ·with my whole heart [in/with my spirit] ·by telling [or for the sake of; L in] the ·Good News [Gospel] about his Son, ·knows [L is my witness] that I ·always [continually; never cease to] mention you 10 every time I pray. I pray that now at last ·if God wants it [by God’s will] I will ·be allowed to come [succeed in coming] to you. 11 I want very much [long] to see you, to ·give [impart to; or share with] you some spiritual gift to make you strong. 12 I mean that I want us to ·help each other [be mutually encouraged/comforted] ·with the faith we have [by each other’s faith]. ·Your faith will help me, and my faith will help you [L …both yours and mine].
-- Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.
~*~
THOUGHTS TO PONDER AND PRAYER JOURNAL
What is your key verse or verses? Why? Write them out in your prayer journal.
How often do we pray for one another?
How often do you pray for each of the Christians in your life?
Non-believers?
Look at verse 12. Do at least a ten minute prayer journaling entry about this. Really ponder/think and pray on this.
~*~
Romans 1:12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine.
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
~*~
Prayer journal your thoughts after reading that verse.
~*~
Romans 1:12 The Message (MSG)
8-12 I thank God through Jesus for every one of you. That’s first. People everywhere keep telling me about your lives of faith, and every time I hear them, I thank him. And God, whom I so love to worship and serve by spreading the good news of his Son—the Message!—knows that every time I think of you in my prayers, which is practically all the time, I ask him to clear the way for me to come and see you. The longer this waiting goes on, the deeper the ache. I so want to be there to deliver God’s gift in person and watch you grow stronger right before my eyes! But don’t think I’m not expecting to get something out of this, too! You have as much to give me as I do to you.
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson
~*~
Prayer journal your thoughts after reading that passage.
~*~
List at least five things you thank God for and count your blessings in your journal.
~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment