Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Change is in the Air

I am changing how I am doing this blog. It's too technical, too fast, and isn't as deep as I want it to be or go. Tomorrow, you will see the changes.

I will start over with the reading of the Book of Romans, like I haven't done anything to this point.

Also, I had the math figured out wrong. I have no idea what I was thinking when I said doing a total of 13,107 verses, four per day, would take 25 years or so. I added a little to give me extra room for vacation days, sick days, emergencies, etc. I have no idea.

So, let's try this again, as far as the math:
13,107 total verses in the Bible
Divided by 2 verses per day
Equals 6553.5 days
Divided by 365 days per year
Equals 17.96 years
Give extra room for the extra days, review days, introduction days, reading the chapter days, reading the book days, etc. I see it taking 25 years or so.
Hence, this study is now 2 verses per day for 25 years or so.

Here is the new blog description and plan:

"My personal walk through the Bible, 2 verses at a time, for the next 20 years or so. How can an ancient text, over 2,000 years old mean anything to my life today? How can reading this text help me live a better life?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment