Friday, April 24, 2015

00002. Journaling Through Romans. Romans 1:1-2. Word of the Day.

MORNING
{Written 04.24.2015. 0938 a.m.}

Good morning, Lord.

I have no idea on where to begin with words, forming a prayer to You right now, in the midst of this thing called life. My mom is taking her cat to an emergency vet appointment this morning. It is troublesome. Yesterday, we had a scare and a vet appointment with our old ferral cat who found us in September 2014, Kara, and we are waiting for test results on Monday. Thank You, Lord, for trusting us with your precious ones.

And, as we are in a new holocaust. A current holocaust. Even a Christian holocaust. And, Christians and the Church are silent. Beheadings and executions... women and girls being sold into sex slavery to fund terrorism... Christianity is being wiped out of the Middle East... and Christians are silent... and the Church is silent... and Christians authors and bloggers are silent... And, I am furious! Wake up, Christ Followers. Take a stand. Stop being silent. Speak! Contact your government officials and tell them to get serious about stopping this holocaust.

Then, I remember something. God, You have this. This is not a surprise to You. That helps.
But, nowhere do You say in Your Word not to stand up for and pray and give voice to the persecuted, Christians or not. All those terrorists want dead and annihilated because of differing beliefs.

Cats... Terrorism... Government scandals of Hillary Clinton...

Oops. That last part got me riled all the more.

There is one thing I have in spite of all this. Hope. Absolute, unfailing hope. My hope is found in You alone.

For example:

~*~

1 Peter 1:18-19 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

18 For you know that you were redeemed from your empty way of life inherited from the fathers, not with perishable things like silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

~*~

In spite of the tough moments and parts of life, there is great, perfect, never-ending hope. Life might falter and fail me at points, but You, Lord, never do. Never, ever. Have never. I have hope because of You. You are love (1 John 4:7-8) and You love. Your love, Lord, never ends. I have this promise in the following verses, Verse 8 in particular:

~*~

1 Corinthians 13:7-9 Expanded Bible (EXB)

7 Love ·patiently accepts all things [T bears all things; or always protects], ·always trusts [T believes all things], ·always hopes [T hopes all things], and ·always endures[T endures all things].
8 Love never ·ends [fails; falls short]. There are gifts of prophecy, but they will ·be ended [cease; pass away]. There are gifts of ·speaking in different languages [or ecstatic utterance; L tongues], but those gifts will ·stop [cease; fall silent]. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will ·come to an end [pass away; be set aside]. 9 ·The reason is that [For] ·our knowledge and our ability to prophesy are not perfect [L we know in part/imperfectly and we prophesy in part/incompletely].

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

~*~

Lord, please help mom and her cat... and the vet and the veterinary team...

I pray about Kara's tests results consult on Monday...

Now, let me get to the hope of Your Word and being with You in Your Word.

~*~

Psalm 19:14 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You,(A)
Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.(B)

Cross references:
19:14 : Ps 104:3419:14 : Ps 78:35

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

Original source: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ps+19%3A14&version=HCSB

~*~

CROSS-REFERENCE OF PSALM 19:14

Psalm 104:34 New Living Translation (NLT)

34 May all my thoughts be pleasing to him,
    for I rejoice in the Lord.
New Living Translation (NLT)

Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

~*~

WORD OF THE DAY
Today, I am focused, and am focusing, on these verses:

~*~

Romans 1:1-2 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

God's Good News for Rome

1 Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle [a](A)and singled out(B) for God's good news(C)— 2 which He promised long ago(D) through His prophets(E) in the Holy Scriptures

Footnotes:
Romans 1:1 Or Jesus, a called apostle

Cross references:
1:1 : 1Co 1:1; 9:1; 2Co 1:11:1 : Ac 9:15; 13:2; Gl 1:151:1 : Mk 1:141:2 : Ti 1:21:2 : Lk 1:70; Rm 3:21; 16:26

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

Original Source: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rom+1%3A1-2&version=HCSB

~*~

EXPLANATION

I may or may not journal about everything right now. But, I want to get information here to journal more about later. I want to get it all on the page, so I can remember. I am limited on time to journal as much as I want or need, but I sure try to think on these things throughout my day and night.

The cross-references mentioned in this journaling entry, along with all of the Bible verses listed today and yesterday, are all things I want to interact with, but I am limited on time at the moment, but will return to this and will review each journal entry in the future and will journal about it, so I can go even deeper and remember.

~*~

BLOG TO BOOK

I will edit all of these entries, add to them, and will then publish them in book form. So, pardon if there are some errors, or if things do not make sense like they could or should. Also, this is my journaling. My grammar will be lousy. It is a journal, after all, and is meant to go deep, not grammar savvy. And, I will not edit that out. It is how I converse with the Lord and go deeper and seek meaning.

Now, back to the text.

~*~

ROMANS 1:1-2

1118 a.m.

Text: Paul... a slave of Jesus Christ.

My Prayer Journal (PJ): Lord, what does this really mean and look like in real life? Paul, if anyone, made this a way off life and lifestyle. Lord, He loved You this much He was able to think and act as Your servant.

I want to put You first in all I do, think, and feel. I want You and Your Word to be my priority.
Text: Paul was called...

PJ: Lord, You have a purpose for everyone and call everyone. That purpose is to bring You glory.

How do You want me to bring You glory? What is my calling today and in the future?
Have I found it?

Is it to Journal the Word and make it real to all... Christians and those who are not? To show the hope of Jesus Christ, which is something no other religion offers?

Journaling is my passion. And, so is pondering, contemplating, thinking on Your Word. And, so is figuring out what Your Word, the ancient text, means today. Put all of that together and it makes sense this is my calling.

But, is it really? Or is it just what I hope?

Guide me, Abba. Instruct me. Help me to hear You early about this.

~*~*~*~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment