Thursday, February 5, 2015

WHO AM I AS A WRITER AND WHAT AM I MEANT TO REALLY WRITE?





*** Please forgive the formatting of this blog post. I keep trying to fix it, but it isn't cooperating. ***



WHO AM I AS A WRITER AND WHAT AM I MEANT TO REALLY WRITE?
Written February 03, 2015. Tuesday. 930 a.m. 

I keep struggling... trying to figure out what to write... and how to write it.
I have tons of ideas for books, but does that mean I should write them?

What about just enjoying reading books? What about that? So, that means I don't have to write several different kinds of books.

One of the things I feel most pulled to is writing my memoir, but I never find a way to make it work or stick. I know journal keeping is the theme of my life. Consequently, this lets me know, and reminds me, how my expertise and passion is journal keeping. Period. End of story. No question. No doubt. That's it.

What about writing a fictional series about journal keepers?

What about loosely basing parts of my life so I tell my memoir, but in fiction form, but taking some poetic license?

I can add journaling tips at the end of every chapter and a few pages at the end.

Huh. Something to think about. 

This feels right. 

Now, I think I will take some time and journal about this and see if it would work. 
***

A RYP JOURNAL KEEPERS FICTION AND NONFICTION SERIES
How can I make it a journal keeping fictional series no one else has done? 


If I do it as a fiction book and series, there is the potential to get more people into journaling. 

BINGO! I just figured out Book 1. (Yay!)

This is precisely what I want to write. A series about journal keepers. 
Wait. Or, did I figure out Book 1? 

I have a million different ideas going through my head at once. 
***

WHAT DO I KNOW FOR SURE? 
I know for sure it will be about journaling. 

I know for sure it will be about journal keepers. 

I know it will be fiction.

I know I will add journaling hints, tips, and prompts at the end of every chapter and at the end of every book.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2008-2015.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment