Tuesday, February 3, 2015

USA JOURNALING #9: HOW CAN I LIVE THE BEST CHRISTIAN AMERICAN LIFE POSSIBLE?




USA JOURNALING #9: HOW CAN I LIVE THE BEST CHRISTIAN AMERICAN LIFE POSSIBLE?
*-*-*-*-*

HOW CAN I LIVE THE BEST CHRISTIAN AMERICAN LIFE POSSIBLE?
Written January 26, 2015, Monday, 234 p.m.

How can I live the best Christian American life possible? How can I live the best Christian life possible here in the USA? The answer to each is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14:

-*-

2 Chronicles 7:14 GOD'S WORD Translation (GW)

14 However, if my people, who are called by my name,
    will humble themselves,
    pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways,
        then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins,
    and heal their country.
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group
-*-
There are five things 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells me to do as a Christian American:
1 Believe in God
2 Humble myself
3 Pray
4 Search for God
5 Turn from my wicked, sinful ways

That's it. It's that simple. 

I just re-read those five items and two stood out to me: Pray and search for God. I think if I did just those two items, the rest would be lived naturally and without effort. 

For me to be the best Christian American I can be, I will draw as close to God as possible--and 2 Chronicles 7:14 points out how praying and searching for Him is how I will accomplish this. 

And, I want to also point out that if I am praying, I am searching for God. Therefore, I think that 2 Chronicles 7:14 can be summarized as this: Pray--for the USA. 

Pray for the U.S.

That's it. It's that simple. Pray every day, all day long for the United States of America. 

Need I remind us of the USA Journaling Prayer Challenge to pray for the USA at least for half an hour every single day? 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

No comments:

Post a Comment