Thursday, January 29, 2015

USA Journaling #7




USA Journaling #7
*-*-*-*-*

USA JOURNALING BLOG TO BOOK: PRAYER AND CONTEMPLATION 
Written January 26, 2015, Monday, 1057 a.m.

I have the feeling that these blog posts will be turned into a book about prayer, contemplation, prayer journaling (and prayer journaling prompts), and application about what it means to be a Christian American today. Furthermore, I could also easily turn this into a memoir about me doing those things (prayer, contemplation, prayer journaling, and application). We shall see.

This is the purpose of this blog, though, everything I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Therefore, it only makes sense for me to do those things. 

I want to be the best Christian American I can be--and I want to make sure I am living it in the spirit and intent of our founders. (What is that, by the way? This provides more things to learn, pray about, contemplate, prayer journal, and apply.)

-*-

2 Chronicles 7:14 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

14 However, if my people, who are called by my name,
    will humble themselves,
    pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways,
        then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins,
    and heal their country.
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group
-*-
*-*-*-*-*

HUMBLE MYSELF
Am I humble?

Do I focus more on or about self than on others? More on or about self than on country? 
*-*-*-*-*

ALL OF THE QUESTIONS I ASK MYSELF ON THIS BLOG (HOUSEKEEPING AND NEWS)
By the way, it is my goal to go through and USA prayer journal my answers to each and every question of this blog. But, first, I want to think on it and pray on it for a while before I do. I want to ruminate, ponder, think, focus on, and let it roll around in my mind and heart for a while before I commit it to the page. 

*-*-*-*-*

PRAYER FOR THE USA (AND PRAYER JOURNALING FOR THE USA): HOW HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH THIS ENDEAVOR?
Written January 26, 2015, Monday, 1104 a.m.

How has my prayer and prayer journaling life been like for the USA? How have I been doing with this endeavor?

How about you?
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

No comments:

Post a Comment