Monday, January 26, 2015

USA Journaling #4



USA Journaling #4
*-*-*-*-*
HOUSEKEEPING (NEWS): WHAT TO EXPECT BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH 
Written January 26, 2015, Monday, 838 a.m.

Over the next few months (from now to March or so), I am moving across country. In the process, my husband ("B") and I will take a vacation and then will get unpacked in the new house. Therefore, I will be a little quiet on this blog at points. I just wanted to warn you so you knew I wasn't stopping this blog. But, rather am doing the moving thing. Thank you for bearing with me during the transition.

This past weekend, and several weekends coming up, will consist of cleaning our house to its bones so that we can vacate the premises. I am sore in muscles I didn't know I had, and in the muscles I forgot I had, but it feels great. Then, B and I were a little crazy and decided to do a 5k as well for our exercise last night, which only added to our insanity and my tired and achy muscles. It was well worth it, though. 
*-*-*-*-* 

TIME TO THINK
Written January 26, 2015, Monday, 843 a.m.

I have not been journaling or keeping up closely with the news, thanks to the cleaning thing, therefore I think it's time for me to change that. However, I did have time to think about things and came up with more questions and things to journal in the meanwhile. What else are you supposed to do when you're cleaning mirrors, cleaning turtle tanks, and scrubbing the kitchen sink, stove top, and counters--never mind the toilets?

The truth of the matter, one of the reasons I am writing this blog is so that I force myself to have time to stop and think. The reality is, I do not think nearly enough. If I did, I would not be such a bonehead at times and make the mistakes I do. Never mind, how I would not be as tired as I am (tired in the spirit). 

I sit here, thinking, trying to figure out where to begin--breathing--trying to slow my breath and take some time to breathe, relax, and focus. I look around and see that Kara Oreo (our black and white cat), Shelly Turtle, and Zack Beagle are all sleeping. It's one of those days. I drink another sip of Yorkshire Tea and try not to succumb to the sleepies myself as I want to take time and think. 

How am I personally helping with the USA? 

How am I hindering the USA?

Am I a productive citizen? Overall? Today? 

Am I increasing morality in the USA or decreasing it? And, what about ethics? 

Am I increasing in knowledge of the history, historical documents, in the words of the founders, and in the civics of the USA? Or, is my knowledge stagnate? I know I do not know nearly enough. 

What is the state of the USA? What can I based off of fact and not emotion?

What is my part in the USA?

Thinking brings up questions--more questions as well as the questions I still need to find the answers to in time. This is a good thing. Questions prove I am at least thinking. 

The truth of the matter is I think the USA is in the state she is in because we have stopped thinking or are not thinking nearly enough. 

So, what are you thinking today about the USA? How are you helping the USA? How are you hurting the United States of America?
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

No comments:

Post a Comment