Thursday, October 2, 2014

Prayer and Bible Journaling




Prayer and Bible Journaling
2014-10-02 08:02:59, Thursday

-------
If you are reading this blog post as a daily devotional Bible study for prayer journaling, then please prayer journal after you read each verse and answer all of the questions. 
-------

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 Expanded Bible (EXB)

But he said to me, “My grace is ·enough for you [sufficient for you; all you need]. ·When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you [L For (my) power is perfected in weakness].” So I am very happy to ·brag [boast] about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can ·live [reside; or rest] in me. 10 For this reason I am ·happy [pleased; content] when I have weaknesses, insults, ·hard times [times of need], ·sufferings[persecutions], and ·all kinds of troubles [distress] ·for [for the sake of] Christ. Because when I am weak, then I am truly strong.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

Is this true for me? Is His grace enough for me?
If His grace is enough, why is it? Is this true at all times? 
If His grace is not enough, why not and how can I change my thinking so it is? 
Read Psalm 10 and 11.
Reading Ephesians 4 and 5.

Passage I want to meditate on, contemplate, and prayer journal at least three times today:

Ephesians 4:17-27 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused. 18 Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him.19 They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.
20 But that isn’t what you learned about Christ. 21 Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, 22 throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. 24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.
25 So stop telling lies. Let us tell our neighbors the truth, for we are all parts of the same body. 26 And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a foothold to the devil.
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Lord, help me to know what to do and what not to do, according to the Ephesians 4 verses. Help me know what to apply to my life and how. Guide me and teach me, God. I want to live for You alone and want to bring You glory. And, I thank you in advance for showing me Your Way through these verses. 

Ephesians 4:17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

17 Therefore, I say this and testify in the Lord: You should no longer walk as the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their thoughts.
What thoughts do I have, Lord, that are not of You? 
Lord, I know the answer to that one. Most of my thoughts are futile. Help me to live Philippians 4:8; Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 10:5-7. I want to focus on your and Your Word alone. I want to live Your Way. I want to live according to Your purpose, not mine, for my life. I want to live a life that's intentionally focused on You and Your Word alone. Thank You for giving me the want, Lord. I also realize it is what I need. Thank You for helping me to see this as well. And, thank You, in advance, for showing me how to live like this. 
How can I focus my thoughts on You alone? 
What beliefs do I have that are futile? 
I want to believe, and have opinions, based off of You and your Word, not off of man. I am thinking of my Christianity, politics, current events, war, terrorism, all of it. I want to take a stand on what You want me to, not on what I think I should, what others say I should, or anything based off of what others say. I want to stand on you and the foundation of Your Word alone. I don't want any of my thoughts or beliefs to be futile, but to be eternally based. 
Abba, show me how. 
Show me how to make Your grace enough for me, today, every moment, for the rest of my life.  
To You, alone, be the glory!

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2014.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment