Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Latte Homestyle Recipe (Creamy Dreamy Pumpkin Spice Latte)




Pumpkin Spice Latte Homestyle Recipe (Creamy Dreamy Pumpkin Spice Latte)

It's that time of year again. Fall. Harvest. And that means one thing: Time-for-pumpkins!

I do love a Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Talk about YUM on so many levels. 

However, I love to have more than one a week (because of price). In fact, I enjoy having it even more in the comfort of my own home. It saves time, money, gas, and wear and tear on vehicle. Plus, there's nothing like having a pumpkin spiced latte in your favorite spot, curled up with your journal, book, and/or Bible. 

The secret to the the homestyle pumpkin spiced latte is coffee syrup and canned pumpkin. 

I get the coffee syrup from World Market. They have a sugar free pumpkin spice coffee syrup, which is superb. However, you can use any syrup you'd prefer and don't even need the syrup if you don't want. Also, you can get the syrup at any place that sells food. Look on the coffee aisle. I've used vanilla, hazlenut, and caramel, and have mixed them as well. Each is wonderful.

I'm the only one in my house who drinks this stuff, so this is what I do with the canned pumpkin: I take a small can of pumpkin and divide it into two baggies. One baggy goes in the fridge and one goes in the freezer. When I am down to two rounds of pumpkin left, I move the freezer bag to the fridge. 

THE RECIPE
1 STRONG cup of coffee (I use a podmaker and usually do 10 oz. of water for a regular cup of coffee. I do 6 or 8 oz. for this concoction.)
1 Tbs canned pumpkin
2 Tbs coffee syrup
1 shake of powdered cinnamon
1 shake of ginger
1 shake of allspice
1 Tbs half-in-half

With all of it, do it to taste.

If you wanted, you could make up several cups, pour into a saucepan and cook on low for a couple of hours, or in your slowcooker. But, I'm too impatient.

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2009-2014.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment