Friday, August 1, 2014

Prayer Journal and Bible Study August 01, 2014, Friday, 831 a.m.




Prayer Journal and Bible Study August 01, 2014, Friday, 831 a.m.

I cannot believe it's August already. It seems like it should still be early June. Wow, time flies. I also can't believe it's Friday. (Woo-hoo!)

BIBLEGATEWAY.COM VERSE OF THE DAY
Psalm 119:114 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
I wait for Your word.
-- New American Standard Bible (NASB). Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.

Amen! I will look at the verse throughout my day today and hold it close to my heart and keep it in my mind.

///// SOAP Bible Study Template
/// SCRIPTURE /// OBSERVATION /// APPLICATION /// PRAYER

///// SOAP Bible Study /// SCRIPTURE // James 1:17 Expanded Bible (EXB). / 17 Every good ·action [or act of giving] and every perfect gift ·is from God [L comes from above]. These good gifts come down from the ·Creator of the sun, moon, and stars [L the father of lights; C referring to God's creation of the heavenly bodies (Gen. 1:14–19; Ps. 136:7–9; Jer. 31:35)], who does not change like their shifting shadows. -- Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved. /// OBSERVATION // Every blessing God gives me is a gift. Each time I see His glory and His work, every answer to prayer, every time He shows Himself to me is a blessing and gift. The question, is how many gifts do I accept from Him? How many do I collect and not miss through the selfish busyness of my day? / God never changes. Never. I do. The question is do I change to draw closer to Him or to my self and my selfish desires? /// APPLICATION--look around to see God at work and how He shows Himself in my life, through my life, around my life, and in and through others. /// PRAYER / Lord, help me to live and remember this verse. To You be the glory. More of You. Less of me.

--Stacy Duplease
http://RYPStories.blogspot.com
Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX Tablet

(Image credit: Stacy Duplease and Remembering Your Present, LLC 2009-2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment