Thursday, May 5, 2016

The National Day of Prayer and Praying 1 Timothy 2:1-4


Today is the National Day of Prayer. Lord, please help every American to take it seriously and pray for our nation today. Put the want and desire to do so on all of our hearts, minds, and lips today, and make it a very strong desire.

Furthermore, Father God, make this desire to pray for our nation last longer than one day, but may it be a deep, daily, relentless desire. Teach us and help us to pray for our nation and our leaders at several moments every day. There is too much at stake for us not to do so. Our earthly lives depend on our consistent praying.



Take this passage, Lord. It proves what You have been putting on my heart, mind, and lips for hours, days, weeks, months, and years now:

/*/*/*/

1 Timothy 2:1-4 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

2 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, 2 for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good, and it pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

/*/*/*/

Pray for everyone, Lord, Your Word tells me. Pray any and every way I can think of for them. Then, this passage in the Holy Bible grows more specific. It says to pray for every leader, authority figure, and king. Then, it explains why. If we pray for those in leadership, then we can live a quiet and tranquil life in all dignity and godliness.

I pause as I take this in, Father God. Isn't that the truth? I cannot number all of the sleeplessness nights and stomach churning days in my life because of the turmoil and carelessness leaders tend to leave in their wake. Lord, if we do not want poor leadership, at any level, then it is our obligation to pray for them several times per day. Help me to remember to do so, Abba. Put the want and desire in me to do so and tell me what to pray, please. Guide me and instruct me.

Lord, I pray for all of the leaders in my life. From my home, to my Bible study leader, to my city, to my county, to my state, to my nation, to the Church, and of the world.

However, today, God, I pray in particular for our present president and the president elect. Help me to pray a great deal more for them each day and help this be a burning desire for me to do so. Lord, help them lead and make decisions according to biblical values, no matter what they might call them. I also ask that You bring them to Jesus Christ. Or, if they are followers of Christ, help them to pray the Bible without ceasing. Make all of their ways be biblical ways. And, I pray the same for their family and friends.

Help our leaders make this nation under God and in God we trust in a deeper, more Holy way than this nation has ever seen.

I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, and by the power of his blood and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment