Thursday, May 5, 2016

Praying the Bible and Psalm 119:1 (and 2 Chronicles 7:14, an everyday prayer)



Note 1 to readers and friends: Every day, I will try to include some blessings counted (with the hopes it inspires you to count your own), additional prayer, thoughts on prayer and the Bible, a devotional of sorts, and the verse to pray the Bible. I will share my areas of sunshine and storm and the lessons I have learned as well. I think you will see there is (or will be) depth to this blog as I hope to inspire you to pray the Bible as well. God bless you.

Note 2 to readers and friends: Each of these prayers are meant to be prayed over and over. They are not meant to be one and done prayers. Hence, this blog can be read in any order and at any time. Each blog post is meant to be timeless for the most part. There are a couple of timely prayers here and there, but I am sure if you read them in the future, they will inspire you to pray for your own prayer and that time regarding the current events of your day.

Lord, thank You for: yesterday, tomorrow, this moment, this day, this week, this month, this year, this decade, this home, this family, and this life. Thank You for every single blessing that surrounds each and for the blessings I will receive today. Help me, Father God, to not miss counting one blessing. The more I count, the more I see You, and the more I am able to see You working my life, around my life, and through my life. It is through Your blessing and favor I see You glory and get to know You all the more.

Thank You for Jesus Christ being born so He could die on the cross and be resurrected, for the forgiveness of my sins, and so I can live in and for eternity with Him.

Thank You for the Bible, Your Word, O Lord.

Thank You for prayer.

And, thank you for teaching me how to pray the Bible more and more each day, and how to get the most out of it as well. To You be the glory.

Father God, You my Rock and Redeemer, my Friend, the Way, The Truth, the Light, the Life, my Father and Daddy, the One Most High, the One and Only. I praise and worship You.

Thank You for a good cup of coffee or tea.

Thank You for breakfast.

Thank You for the feel of sheets as they cocoon me at night.

Thank You for waking to a snuggling grey kitten. Help me to snuggle up to You and Your Word.

Thank You for an orange cat who is hanging out close to me on the sofa and that he is resting so well. Help me rest in You and Your Word.

Lord, teach me how to pray.

Teach me, Father, how to pray the Bible.

Give me the desire and the want to pray and pray the Bible... and to do so all day and night.

Lord, tell me what to pray and when. Put the prayers on my lips, heart, and mind.
Please, Father God, help me to not get sidetracked and to stay on task of praying through Bible 24/7/365 without exception.

I want to begin with this verse first:

A VERSE TO PRAY SEVERAL TIMES A DAY EVERY DAY FOR OUR HOME, NATION, THE CHURCH, AND THE WORLD

2 Chronicles 7:14 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

I will let you form your own prayers around 2 Chronicles 7:14 first. Then, later, I will write a blog post on the verse.

I was serious, by the way. We really need to pray this verse all day long and save our friends, families, homes, neighborhoods, nations, the Church, and the world.

PRAYING THROUGH PSALM 119

As You know, Lord, there is a chapter in the Holy Bible which has been on my heart and mind for years now. I have tried repeatedly to prayer journal about, to blog about it, and pray it through. However, I usually stop. I unfortunately get sidetracked. Needless to be say, I think it is time to pray through the Psalm and learn everything I can about Your Word and prayer. So, here it goes.

Lord, help me pray this Psalm 24/7/365 AND learn as much as I can from it.

PRAYING THE BIBLE AND PSALM 119:1

Father God, help me understand, live/apply, and remember the verses of Your Word. For, if I do, my way will be blameless and I will be happy.

Help me follow Your teachings and instructions, God, so I can be blessed from living a pure and blameless life.

How fortunate, blessed, and happy am I, if I am undefiled, pure, blameless, and mind upright I and minds when I live and walk according to the Bible.

Lord, this verse shows the importance of being in Your Word and praying through it.  If I do, then I will be happy, blessed, and and fortunate. Let me be honest here. I do not think I could ever get enough of any of those, particularly the blessed part. Your favor is everything. Your blessings are what I can count and they will last for eternity.

Father, help me pray the Bible and counting my blessings all day and night long. (I also pray this for all of the areas of prayer on my prayer list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment