Monday, May 2, 2016

Introduction #2: Praying the Bible for the world


Have you noticed how it seems our world is coming undone spiritually personally and collectively, nationally and globally?

We do not even need to turn on the news. All we need to do is walk around with our ears, hearts, and minds open, and we will hear a multitude of reasons why this is true.

We have gone around trying to ignore or it deny it, sticking our heads in the sand, not wanting to ruffle any feathers. How has this worked out for us? Has it helped? Is the world a better place through our inaction.

There are a couple of individuals and groups who have tried to address and are, the current state of affairs in all of our lives: spiritually, personally and collectively, nationally and globally. Dutch Sheets and An Appeal to Heaven, Franklin Graham and Decision America Tour, and Intercessors for America and GetOutThePrayer.com are a few examples. (I have links for all of these on the main page of my blog if you are interested. Check out the right column and go about one-half to two-thirds down and you'll see my Link List.)

Each of those groups is doing a wonderful thing. All of us need to all sign up for each of them, along with several other prayer groups we can find online. They are important in our current state of affairs. They are bringing a national prayer revival here in the United States of America.

I would like to add another dimension to the prayer revival, nevertheless. We need to have a Praying the Bible 24/7/365 Revival, which adds more depth and more power to the other prayer revivals. After all, if we do not back our prayers with the Word of God, the Holy Bible, then they will not be nearly as effective. Let us be honest here. Each of us, plus our nation and world, sure needs as much effective prayer as we can receive.

Futhermore, I do not know about you, but I want each of my prayers to be as effective as possible. When we pray the Bible as we pray for all of the things God puts in our hearts and minds to pray, then our prayers will be quite powerful and effective.

Rather than keep going on with life as normal, and pretend like everything is alright in our world, I want to face the truth. I want to face the facts. I do not want to live in a world of make-believe. I want to live in reality. And the truth is, our nation and world needs prayer. Never mind how our state, city, neighborhood, church, block, and home needs prayer as well.

The truth is, I haven't prayed for everything like I should (see the last paragraph for different areas of prayer, but it most certainly is not an extensive list). I have failed to live up to my responsibilities biblically. I don't know about you.

Therefore, it is time for me to get serious about praying for our world today, and every dimension of prayer that comes with it. This blog is my attempt to do precisely that.

Welcome to a blog about praying the Bible 24/7/365 for our world.

In this blog, I will share my daily prayers for praying the Bible 24/7/365 for the world and for the areas of prayer listed here:

AREAS OF PRAYER
Pray these in the order God puts on your heart and in your mind
1 Me
2 My home and everyone and everything in it
3 My block
4 My neighborhood
5 My city: homes, government, churches, businesses, schools, etc.
6 My state: homes, government, military, churches, businesses, schools, etc.
7 My nation: homes, government, military, churches, businesses, schools, etc.
8 Our world: homes, government, military, churches, businesses, schools, etc. Each and every nation, particularly the ones God puts on my heart
9 The Church as a whole
10 The U.N.
11 NATO
12 My nation's allies
13 My nation's foes
14 Against terror
15 The news and current events of today

I hope this gives you a good list to use as you pray for each of those areas. I know it sure helps me. These are the areas of prayer I try to focus on a few times per week at least, if not daily. I try to pray for my home, block, city, state, nation, the Church as as whole, against terror, and the world each day, however.

In time, I hope to pray every verse of the Bible for our world today and list them here.

By the way, on my twitter.com account, I tweet about prayer requests from the news stories each day. They are not meant to be items of my opinions, but as prayer points for us to pray about and through. My account is: @RYPStories and can be found at this link:
https://twitter.com/RYPStories

Or, if you prefer, my Google+ account:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/103261940213090097010

Hence, my plan with this blog is to first pray the verse or verses. Then, pray for the areas of prayer each day. Moreover, in time, I will turn these prayers and blog posts into a book one day as well. I will edit them and add material to them and then offer them in a book format, in paperback and in an e-book, which will sure make it handier to use for your prayers rather than off of this blog.

I hope this blog will be advantageous for you to help you to learn to pray the Bible 24/7/365 for this world.

God bless.

Now, let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment