Sunday, October 11, 2015

Time and Space Needed

I hadn't realized how desperately I need died a little time and space from this story, but I did. It was too close and painful. Space and time were needed.
I tried to turn her story into a fantasy series, but that quickly backfired and now I think I am ready to commit to writing Kara's story and Moments with Kara... her story with us and our story with her. I will commit to writing at least 12,000 words per week between now and the end of November, then 7,000 words per week. I will take part in NaNoWriMo {National Novel Writing Month or NaNo}, but will write nonfiction instead and an inspirational animal lover's memoir. Needless to say, I hope to write around 71,000 words at least between now and the end of December.
I needed time and space to heal so I could do her story justice and not fall apart. Kara deserves no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment