Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Blessings and Lessons Learned from Kara: Live a Life of Thanksgiving



THE BLESSINGS AND LESSONS FROM KARA: LIVE A LIFE OF THANKSGIVING

Written on October 14, 2015, Wednesday, 758 a.m.

A SEASON AND LIFE OF THANKSGIVING
Fall is my favorite season of the year and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Therefore, this is my absolute favorite time of year.
Even though Kara went Home at his time of year, I will choose to not allow it to shadow on his time of year. She wouldn't want that. (Never mind how she doesn't deserve that either.) Rather, I am choosing to allow her passing to count even more blessings. After all, that's the reason why this is my favorite time of year.
I started daily counting my blessings two years ago in 2013 and it is a practice I still do today. Some days I may not count one on the page, but I sure look for the blessings in each moment and I do my best to count them and not allow them to pass by and miss them. Giving thanks is the one thing that helps far more than I can express or comprehend to bring peace and joy to every situation, no matter how much of a challenge a situation might be.
A day or two after Kara died, I woke with this thought and prayer:
"Thank You, Lord, for this day to remember Kara and count my blessings of her. I will live a better life because of her and for her."
She and her memory deserve no less. Hence, I am going to put this into practice in this memoir about our moments with Kara (then, now, and in the future). This is, and will be, an inspirational memoir of giving thanks (counting our blessings). I will live a life of gratitude because of her and this blog post to book memoir is about my story as I try to do so.
Given that it's almost the middle of October, I want to count as many blessings for and about Kara between now and Thanksgiving. It gives me 43 days to count as many blessings as possible.
This is exciting. I will turn my grief into gratitude and will do it in her name.
Care to join me in counting thanks for the blessings of every moment throughout our day (and night) for the next 43 days?
Care to join me in living a life of giving thanks, not just a season of giving thanks?
Let's do it because of a seven pound elderly cat who succumbed to breast and lung cancer... and for whatever reasons you can think of to live a life of gratitude rather than complaint.
Shall we?
Let's get started counting our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment