Saturday, June 6, 2015

Journaling Hints, Tips, Exercises, Prompts, and News

Personal Journaling 06-04-2015, Thursday, 833 p.m.

CONSIDERATIONS REGARDING A METHOD OF JOURNALING

The best journaling method takes several factors into consideration:

1 Permanence. Will it last past our lives? Can it be lost or damaged?

2 Security. Not hackable. Cannot be read by anyone unless you allow them to do so.

3 Versatility as far as what you journal and how you journal.

4 Cost.

5 Ease of use.

6 Can be used and synced across several devices.

7 Simplicity.

8 Searchable.

9 Easy to do a Table of Contents and/or index.

10 Easy to cut and paste.

11 Easy to review.

12 Inspirational.

13 Etc.

Goodness. There are many more factors to take into consideration than what I just listed when choosing a way or method to journal.

MY NEW JOURNALING METHOD

I'm using a word processing program and will keep my journaling in a different document each month.

Then, I will save it in a txt file, doc file, and pdf file onto my laptop, on my tablet, in the Cloud, and on my external hard drive. Hence, I can also access it from my cell as well if I want. So, it's all good.

With my new way of journaling, I will carry my journaling and all of my writing with me 24/7.

Wow. What I just wrote made my heart begin to race. What a precious thought.

What a joy it will be to have all of my journaling and writing with me at all times. How amazing. It's a relief.

I will write more about this later

~*~

JOURNALING THOUGHTS

Journaling helps us to put things into proper perspective. After all, it helps us to think, review, and analyze.

Journal about the following.

A JOURNALING EXERCISE OR PROMPT

1 What are your strengths?

2 What are your weaknesses?

3 What have you learned this week?

~*~

A LOUD WORLD VS. OUR JOURNALING WORLD

Have you noticed how loud our world is?

Have you noticed how much noise there is in our world today?

When was the last time you went twenty-four hours without watching TV or a movie, played a game, listened to music or the radio? How about forty-eight hours?

And, the busyness of our lives, the hustle and bustle, the rushing... That is noise as well. It's noise of a different kind.

Also, there is noise in our minds. It's when our thoughts don't slow, or when we obsess on something, or worry or fret.

This world is loud and noisy.

Too much so.

And, then we wonder why we aren't peaceful or content.

This is the polar opposite of our journaling world.

Granted, at first, until we can purge on the page, our journals might be an extension of the world's noise. Ugliness is loosed. It's let go. Therefore, once we get it on the page, purge it, and let it go, then we can settle in to the calm, serene, peaceful quiet of our journaling world. It is in our journals we find peace and calm and quiet. And, this is why we should all journal. We let go of the noise and stop doing. In our journals we can just be. This is where we find stillness and tranquility. Our journals are our refuge.

JOURNALING EXERCISES OR PROMPTS
Journal your thoughts of that last paragraph.

Then, copy and paste that paragraph somewhere so you can read it and re-read it over and over as a reminder of one of the greatest benefits of journaling.

MY RYP JOURNALING BLOG AJD BLOG TO BOOK PLANS

I am changing the titles of the books from "Journaling Stuff" to "A RYP Journaling Guide."
The three blog posts to books will now be called:

1 A RYP Journaling Guide (An introduction to journaling and journaling prompts), Book 1 (which includes some new and old material)

2 A RYP Journaling Guide (More information and journaling prompts), Book 2 (which includes everything I have ever written about journaling through December 31, 2014)

3 A RYP Journaling Guide (More information and journaling prompts), Book 3 (which includes what I have written since about journaling)

I am in the process of writing and editing each of those books. What I write on this blog isn't edited to the point of being one hundred percent error free and I am trying to add additional material than what you read and  learn on the blog. After all, if I am going to charge money for a final published book for the three previously mentioned, you better get your money's worth--and that includes good editing and additional material.

Book 1 will be a combination of mostly new material mixed with some previously shared material.

CAMP NANOWRIMO (BOOK 1 AND EDITING AND PUBLISHING PLAN FOR BOOKS 1-3

In July, I'm going out take part in a write a book in a month challenge. It's called Camp NaNoWriMo. I will write 50,000 words of: "A RYP Journaling Guide, Book 1" which is an introduction to journaling and it has journaling prompts as well. I will share most of the material on the RYP JOURNALING BLOG, but will then add more material as I edit it.

So, I will write the book between now and the last day in July.

Then, I will edit it from August through October 2015 and will publish it in November 2015.

Book 2 I will edit from November to December 2015 and will publish it in January 2016.

Book 3 I will edit from January to March 2016 and publish it in April 2016.

So, there's the plan. Now, pardon me while I start writing Book 1.

~*~

Journaling Exercises or Prompts

What is the purpose, or are the purposes, of your life? Why are you here and why are you here now and not at another time? What do you bring that others do not?

~*~

OVERLOOKING THE OBVIOUS
There are times I overlook the obvious and I am afraid for years I have accidentally made it a habit. I cannot help but shake my head at myself and my foolishness. When I share with you what I have overlooked, you will undoubtedly chuckle. I have lived unknowingly my old childhood nickname of Spacey Stacy.

What have I overlooked? Let provide a little background first.

I have already written a book on an "Introduction to Journaling." However, in the last couple of days, I have decided a newer one is necessary. (All of the old material will be included in another book, though.) After all, I have a different way to explain journaling, and how to do it, than when I wrote the book back in early 2010. I even started to write this book. Or, that was until a thought came to me earlier.

I firmly believe everyone, without fail, should journal--and do so daily.

And it rather shocks me how few do.

If more people gave journaling a try for forty-five straight days, they would see the advantages and how life transforming it can be. Moreover, they would then have their eyes opened to the mighty and numerous blessings journaling provides. So, why don't more people journal? There is nothing in our lives that can come close to the meaning journaling can bring to our lives, for it forces us to live intentionally. Never mind how much perspective journaling offers us. And, never mind how when we journal we capture our lives on the page.

All of this is great. It sounds good. Right?

But, only people interested in journaling would even be reading this blog post, never mind blog or blog book.

Are you catching why I hit my forehead with my palm and said, "Duh!"?

It is my number one goal to coach people and teach them how to journal. That being said, shouldn't I also focus on reaching people who don't journal now?

Shouldn't I share, and address the questions of: Why journal? Why bother and what's in it for me?

If journaling was so incredible, so life-changing, shouldn't I address the people who do not know the importance of journaling?

Needless to say, I am going to address those questions. How have I missed this for so long now? What a fool I've been. How can people want to journal, never mind do it, unless they know the benefits of it and the answer to the question of: What's in it for me?

So, now that my eyes have been opened, this is the book I'm going to write first:

"Why Journal? (Why bother and what's in it for me?)"

~*~

Since I decided to get even more serious about journaling in May 2015, I have been trying to find balance in my journaling life. I have four facets of journaling that matter a great deal to me:

1 My Bible journaling (Bible reading, studying, pondering, and gratitude)

2 My personal journaling... including nature journaling

3 My professional mainstream journaling

4 My professional Bible Journaling

Therefore, I have come up with a plan to focus on each throughout the day and week. It will require my two journaling blogs:


2 Journal the Word: http://journaltheword.blogspot.com/ (Bible Journaling)

So, if you are Christian, you'll want to look at both blogs. 

Balance is critical in order to get the most out of journaling. 

I cannot wait to find balance and share with you on both blogs. 

IT'S YOUR TURN: A JOURNALING EXERCISE OR PROMPT

What matters most to you with your journaling?

How can you find balance in your journaling life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment