Monday, December 29, 2014

A SIGH OF RELIEF, A CONFESSION, A MAJOR BLOG BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT, AND JOURNALING HINTS AND TIPS

A SIGH OF RELIEF, A CONFESSION, A MAJOR BLOG BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT, AND JOURNALING HINTS AND TIPS
Written December 24, 2014, Wednesday, 440 p.m.
---
SEARCHING
Several months back, my PC died. It ran out of storage and had a virus and it couldn't be fixed, even after the computer experts tried to do what they could to salvage the poor thing. I got everything saved down to my eternal hard drive. Or, so I thought.
I just haven't had the time to get everything set back up on my new laptop and have been doing what I could when I could. So, I decided to take out the external hard drive and start to save everything from my laptop and I wanted to find a couple of old files on it as well. The thing has everything on it from the last ten years.
---
NOT FINDING THEN A SIGH OF RELIEF
Well, I tried to access a file on the external hard drive today--and at first I could not find any of my files. It said it was empty. Much panic set in, but I decided that it simply could not be. I reminded myself I was smarter than that and could find the file, regardless of what the screen said.
It worked! Hallelujah!
The only problem was I had no idea the file name of what I was looking for. Huh. Scratched head. Then, it just so happened, in the first try I figured it out and found the file I wanted. Another hallelujah! And, a high-five! (What a blessing. Whew.)
---
CONFESSION
So, here is where the confession part of this blog post comes into the picture. 
I have written other material: books and blog posts on journaling--well before this blog. And, a while back, I started to save everything I ever wrote about journaling and started to compile the original "JOURNALING STUFF: A JOURNALING RESOURCE" book. That was the material I was looking for and finally found on my external hard drive. 
---
A MAJOR BLOG BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT
The previous material I have from the original "Journaling Stuff Resources and Encyclopedia" is 265 typed pages. It's unedited and I will add to the material. Needless to say, I will take everything I write in 2014 on this blog, plus the original material, and will make one large book for you to be able to put on your bookshelf. 
I will be moving to Wyoming and unpacking in February and March 2015. Then, I will be able to finish editing this material and will add to it as well. 
Therefore, I can say this safely.
I will finish editing this hefty resource by May 30 at the absolute latest.
Hence, the e-book version will be published by June 15, 2015.
The paper version will be published by June 30, 2015. If there is any way possible, I will try to publish it sooner. But, this is the latest possible date. 
So far, it's about 365 pages of material. 
Tada! That's the announcement. I am so excited. 
-------------





---
WHAT'S TO COME OF THE BLOG TO BOOK WRITING
From there, I will work on editing and adding material to the blog posts written from January 01 to June 30. 
I will publish that material in two ways:
1 A book of just that material (Jan.-June 2015)
2 A book of everything published by June 30, 2015, plus Jan. to June 2015 material
I will then do the same with the material from the last half of 2015. I will offer the material in one book or in three individual books. 
Of course, the larger book will also be less expensive than if you buy the books individually. 
So, stay tuned!
--------------
​WHAT MAKES YOU--YOU?​: A JOURNALING PROMPT
Written December 28, 2014, Sunday, 1051 a.m.
Who are you?
What makes you--you? Take ten minutes and so a SOC (Stream of Consciousness) Journaling about this. Then, continue with the rest of the questions/prompts. 
What makes you who you are?
How would you define yourself?
What is important to you and why?
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
What brings out your weaknesses?
What brings out your strengths?
What makes your spirit soar?
What do you do for rest?
How do you take care of your soul?
What activities mean a great deal to you?
How does your schedule life up to who you are?
Journal anything else that comes to mind.
-------------

THE BLOG TO BOOKS IN PROGRESS









Those four blog books are what is in progress right now. Each of the three will be continual segments of most, if not all, blog posts. 
Stay tuned.
-------------
CHANGE OF BOOK TITLE AND COVER
Written December 28, 2014, Sunday, 129 p.m.
I've changed the book title to:
"JOURNALING STUFF #1: A RYP JOURNALING RESOURCE, BOOK 1"
--------------


No comments:

Post a Comment