Wednesday, October 15, 2014

STORIES OF BLESSING #1

A NEW LAYOUT FOR DAILY POSTS ON THIS BLOG

After today, I want to ensure that you never receive more than one email a day, if you subscribe to this blog via email. Hence, I will combine several Stories of Blessing in each daily blog post. I will put dashes between each story of blessing to help your eye separate them.

#News #Plans #Blog


----------


THE BLESSING OF A NEW DAY (AND THE MORNING)

Written 2014-10-15 06:35:13, Wednesday

I have always been an early riser and have gone early to bed. I'm one of those who also is early bed, needless to say. I get more done in my day between the time I wake and noon than most people do during their entire day. 

Mornings are significant in my opinion and is why I enjoy mornings. They mark a new day of opportunity. Every day is a blank slate. I have the choice each day to make it anything I want. 

Each of those facets have great appeal to me. There are few things we can control in our lives, but mornings are one of them. 

There are few guaranteed blessings we have in our lives. Mornings are daily blessings. Daily. (Another blessing.)

Whenever I think of the blessing of a morning, it increases my faith and brings me closer to the Lord (yet another blessing). After all, it's Him who created mornings and the opportunity of a blank slate. 

Mornings bring nothing but opportunity. This is why they are such a blessing. 

-- By Stacy Duplease of Virginia

#Blessings #Morning #Opportunity #StoriesOfBlessing #StoriesOfBlessingInMyLife:ASpiritualMemoir


---------


THERE IS NO GOD LIKE GOD: A CHRISTIAN BLESSING

Written 2014-10-15 07:15:37, Wednesday


NOTE TO READERS
Stories of Blessing is meant to focus on every kind of blessing we find in our lives. Hence, I will include Christian and Biblical blessings I find in my life. I share one of them right now.

Again, I cannot wait to hear about all of your blessings.


ONLY GOD
God is God. He is not a god. He is the Lord of Lords. There is none like him. 

2 Samuel 7:22 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

22 This is why You are great, Lord God. There is no one like You, and there is no God besides You, as all we have heard confirms.
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.


Why is this a blessing? 

God is unique, since no one and nothing is like him. God is unique because he is the only one. God is unique because he is creator and nothing and nobody existed before him. Any gods or idols are those people have turned to rather than God. 

God is great indeed and there is none like him because he is so great. And, a great God, who has created everyone and everything is the one to believe in and trust. He can do far more and is far more. 

What a blessing. 

-- By Stacy Duplease of Virginia

#Bible #Biblical #Blessings #Christian #Faith #God #StoriesOfBlessing


-----------

*** Blog post updated last on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:12 a.m. ***


2 comments:

  1. Blessings:
    Knowing no matter what time of day God is with us. Isn't that awesome?
    Being able to email and sharing our blessings such as my cat and the things she does

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings:
    Knowing no matter what time of day God is with us. Isn't that awesome?
    Being able to email and sharing our blessings such as my cat and the things she does

    Molly

    ReplyDelete