Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Personal Journal September 17, 2014, Wednesday

Personal Journal September 17, 2014, Wednesday
2014-09-17 07:25:49
(How-To Journal and Obsessive Thoughts, Worry, and Anxiety)

It's rare for me to approach my journal, and the empty page, and go blank and not know what to write. Well, today is one of those days. (Sigh.)

So, what now?

I have lots of options, if I think about and can use any or all of my options. For instance, a journaling prompt could be most useful, for example. However, I think I will try this approach first:

What is preventing me from journaling or wanting to journal?

Huh. No idea. 

I have too much to say and not much to say at the same time, if that makes sense. So, what is preventing me from journaling?

Crickets. Blank.

Has anything been on my mind? 

I've been abnormally anxious. I have no idea why. I worry about everything little thing right.now and obsess on it. Not sure why.

Is it because there are so many uncertainties in my life right now? 

I think so. So, how can I stop this thought obsession and anxiety? Aha! There's a Bible verse for that:

Philippians 4:6 Expanded Bible (EXB)

Do not ·worry [be anxious] about anything, but pray and ·ask God for everything you need [or make your requests known to God], always giving thanks.
Expanded Bible (EXB)
The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

 So, rather than obsess, and worry and feel anxious, I should pray and give thanks continually. 

That's too easy. 

I'm going to keep praying this verse today, particularly if I start obsessing again. I will replace the thought with this verse and will list three blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment