Friday, April 4, 2014

CAMP NANOWRIMO and Writing Progress





Well... Yesterday was a bad day for writing. Around eleven or so, I hit a walk of exhaustion. It's pollen season here, and I didn't get much sleep the night before, and I became so sleepy and exhausted, I realized something had to give. My concentration was also shot. Therefore, I didn't get much writing done at all. Sigh.
But, there is one lesson (of many, mind you) B, my husband, has taught me:
Be kind to yourself.
So, I moved to the sofa and did what I could do and curled up with a good book. I finished it and half of another. Both were Young Adult Dystopian. Consequently, I fed my muse and was able to rest.
There are days you have to listen to your body and let go of all the things you planned. This is even more true with writing. If I didn't, my writing would have been lackluster at best and that would have made me feel frustrated. Taking a break, even though I am in the middle of a writing deadline, gave me rest, which leads to a fresh perspective.
Last night, I didn't get that much sleep again. Sigh. Just couldn't sleep. So, I am tired today, but my mind is fresh. I have the feeling today will be at least a decent writing day (whew). Already my writing has been a great deal better and I am inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment