Tuesday, April 8, 2014

AYOAGT Day 1: An Introduction and 1st Journal Entry







AYOAGT Day 1: An Introduction and 1st Journal Entry

INTRODUCTION TO A YEAR OF ALWAYS GIVING THANKS:
THE JOURNAL OF MY JOURNEY

This is the journal of my journey of my year of always giving thanks. It's my goal to spend the next year, all night and day long, of giving thanks. 
By the way, I want to focus on this full-time for the next year, where I give all of my attention to this journey. It will not be about writing, but will be about my journey of learning how to "give thanks in and for all things" (source: 1 Thessalonians 5:18). 

TWO DAILY SECTIONS OF BLOG
I will have two main sections each day, or at least most days, of:
1 Mainstream Thanks
2 Christian Thanks
The mainstream thanks section is for those of you who are not Christian. However, if you are Christian, you'll get something out of it if you read the journal entry. It's the same way with the Christian section. It's for Christians in particular, but if you are not, you can still get something out of the journal entry. 

*~* DAY 1 OF AYOAGT (A YEAR OF ALWAYS GIVING THANKS) 1ST JOURNAL ENTRY:

MAINSTREAM JOURNALING
I have forgotten and not lived as though every moment of every day was sacred. Living intentionally is something of the past. Furthermore, I've taken things for granted. My life shows all of this.
I've gotten caught in the busy trap. I've been lured away by the things that don't matter. Not really. At the time, it seems as though they matter, but they don't. I am all over the place, unfocused, undisciplined. And, I'm tired. Exhausted. Worn-out. Something has got to give. My life is not what I want. Not my spiritual life. Not my writing life. 
The worst part is I know better. 
Sure. My marriage and home life are wonderful and are major blessings in my life. I am married to my best friend, B, and he loves me deeply. We like each other and love one another. 
I have an elderly Beagle named Zack (he's 14), a 5 year old Orange stripes Maine Coon cat named Sinan (pronounced See-nawn--it's Turkish for spearhead), and two aquatic turtles named Shelly and Harry ('when Harry met Shelly'). 
We don't have any kiddos yet. We hope to adopt. 
I've been a journalkeeper for 30+ years. I'm addicted to coffee, I love to devour books, and am a runner.
I am content. Life is good.
The tough stuff in life might sting, but I hold fast to my faith and it holds me steady. 
Now, saying all of that, I realize my life is missing something. It's not as deep as it could be. I do not have the joy I could. Also, I realize I've fallen into the busyness, getting sidetracked trap.

COUNTING OF MY BLESSINGS
1 My faith
2 A new day
3 The close of a day
4 Snuggling Beagles
5 Loving cats
6 The fountain sound of the turtle tanks
7 The trill of our cat
8 A good book to get lost in
9 My Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, which I can use to write, journal, and count my blessings wherever I am



~ Stacy Duplease
Christian, Patriot, Writer, Journalkeeper
Website & Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment