Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo



What on earth is Camp Bless You?! Oops. I mean Camp NaNoWriMo.
What is Camp NaNoWriMo?
It is a special summer camp for sadistic writers. For those who enjoy punishing themselves.
Not really.
Well, that is in part true. Camp NaNoWriMo is where it is my goal to write a novel of 50,000 words in one month. In 30 days... if you plan well. But, I do not. I like time off and time with my husband. So, I write only 5 days a week. Looking at my calendar, I have 23 days to write 50,000 words. So, let me do the math and grab a calculator. That's 2,174 words a day is what I need to write. Whew. That's do-able. I already have 12,800 finished. But, those don't count. I started at 12,000 words today. I want to get to 62,000 words by the end of that time.
There will be more information to follow. But, for now, I need to design at least a temporary cover and get back to London and my book I am writing.
Oh! The book title is:
American Origins 1573-1590, Part 1
You can find this book at:


--
Stacy Duplease
Geneaologist and Historical Fiction Writer
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez

No comments:

Post a Comment