Thursday, August 2, 2012

American Origins 1573-1590: The story behind the story



WHY WRITE THE BOOK, AMERICAN ORIGINS 1573-1590?
Why did my ancestors come to America to begin with? This is actually where I am starting the series. Never mind how I discovered how from 1388-1608, 22 family members of mind were executed or beheaded in England (many of which were in the White Tower of the Tower of London).
I wanted to start the story with Roanoke, but I would have missed the set-up of the story and the reason why they might have come to America.
In Book 1 of the Family Treez Series, we look at the 22 deaths quickly and we then start to head to Roanoke.
I need to warn you, these books are going to take 10 months or so just to write, never mind final edits. Therefore, they will take a year and a half or so to get out--unless I am able to speed up the process.
Why so long? The books are going to be around 1200 pages long or thereabouts... Or the size of Ken Follett's books, to give you perspective. There will be a great deal that happens in the books.
I am trying to base them on actual history, but will take artistic license and liberty in order to write a story of what could have been--through asking over and over, "What-if?".
American Origins is a book about what brought people to think of going to America.
The Family Treez Series is tracing my family from 1573 (and before) to the present. This will be a lifelong American historical fiction project.

(Photo is by Stacy Duplease.)
Stacy Duplease
Geneaologist and Historical Fiction Writer
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez Etc

1 comment:

  1. I like and am very interested. Keep on...

    Bro

    ReplyDelete