Monday, June 15, 2015

Marriage Journaling #002

There is only one person you can control.
There is also only one person you can change.
You.
I learned long ago that if I ever feel frustrated, upset, insecure, unfulfilled, or stressed about my marriage, the very first thing I should do is work on me. I work on myself. I do what I can to find contentment with the Lord, and then suddenly, like a magic word or potion, my marriage ends up being better and even my husband starts to feel the same way--content.
It's a magic formula. If your marriage is out if sorts in any way, get in the Bible, pray a lot, and journal about your Bible reading and prayers, and then, POOF! Your marriage will take on new growth and life. It stokes the flame, so to speak.
Always look at self first and foremost. This is the only true place of real change that can be achieved.
And, always remember: Our earthly marriage is a represent of our relationship with the Lord.
When we remember that, we will see our marriage in a whole new light and will act on it.
Journal your thoughts.
A marriage journaling prompt or exercise: How can you draw nearer to the Lord and His Word today--and through doing so, growing your marriage and deepening it?

No comments:

Post a Comment