Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cold Coffee, Warm Cat: A Journaling Prompt or Exercise

Sinan, my cat, is snuggling with me on the sofa and I have a warm right hip, but cold coffee. Chuckling as I take this in and enjoy all of it, even the cold coffee. This moment is worthwhile. I do not want to skip it or miss it because of wanting a warm-up. 

But, isn't this also indicative of life? We could be living in the middle of a blessing, but may miss it because we focus on the cold coffee--or because of busyness. We focus on the cloud and miss the rainbow, never mind the sunshine in the distance. Never mind that silver lining. 

How many blessings do we miss because we fail to stop and appreciate every facet of the moment, not just the perceived good stuff?

I can live with a little cold coffee. I don't want to miss the warmth, beauty,and tenderness of this moment since it also comes with the cold coffee.

Journal your thoughts. 

How does this speak to you?

Count your blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment