Wednesday, October 22, 2014

STORIES OF BLESSING #7

THE BLESSING OF AGE AND EACH DAY
Written 2014-10-21 16:04:29, Tuesday
I am so grateful I am over four decades old. Quite grateful. After all, I've gained experience, knowledge, lessons learned, wisdom, and some maturity. The truth is age makes life easier to handle and take. Our bodies may not agree with this, we get slower in moving and healing. Never mind how we get sorer easier. But, there is more to life than just the body. There's a great deal more as a matter of fact.
I count it a supreme blessing to be the age I am. (I know I've said this before, but it is important to me.)
It breaks my heart when I hear people lie/tease about their age and say they are younger than they really are. After all, this life negates all of the blessings the individual has seen. And, the sad part is how often they don't even realize that this is what they are doing.
I've learned to live fully every day, and appreciate every day, because it very well may be our last. And, if today is our last, do we really want to spend it complaining, fibbing, being too busy, or not living our proper priorities? Do we want to live it and not count our blessings?
Age is a very good thing. It shows how many blessings you've lived.
Talk about a major blessing.
-- By Stacy Duplease of Virginia
------------
BLESSINGS FROM ANONYMOUS IN PHOENIX
Stacy, you shared a blog post earlier that now sounds quite familiar to me. Just thought I'd share:
My gratitudes and blessings:
So happy coming home after hospital stay.
My daughter and son-in-law loving me so much and the decision that was needed regarding my health.
The wonderful care I received in hospital.
All of the staff for their gift of making things easier while experiencing the fear I was going through.
Hearing those glorious words you're being released.
Waking in own bed with good night sleep.
My cat who just wants love,  and getting love too.
Receiving email from daughter saying "Good morning sunshine." (Do you know what that did for me?)

------------
BLESSINGS COUNTED IN VIRGINIA
Today is a torrential rainfall type of day. The rain is falling and falling and falling, making it a cooler day. We need the rain, though. It's been quite dry, which is always a concern where we live. There are so many trees and vegetation it's unreal and all it takes is a little bit of a spark... So, thank God for the rain.
It's a new day. Today is a gift, an opportunity, and blank slate.
My new pillow worked! I slept last night and feel a great deal better. As a matter of fact, my shoulders, neck, and back feel looser than they have in months, maybe longer.
And, to double the blessing, my husband said the same thing about his new pillow. (Whew! High-five! Sigh of relief times two.)  What an extraordinary blessing.
Kara, our new once feral cat, ate well last night and this morning. she's finally putting weight on her once malnourished body. This is a major blessing.
Speaking of Kara, when I heard the downpour this morning, I said to B and God, "Thank God Kara is no longer outside!"
Flu shots. What a blessing. Getting one later today.
Had lunch with hubby yesterday and will again today. Oh, the sweet pleasure of the little things.
I'm getting used to this computer. Whew. Another blessing.
It's so relaxing watching a turtle swim.
One of my many daily devotionals was well-timed. It was a confirmation and was something to help carry me through until the next phase in B's and my lives, when he retires one day.
B and I did NOT want to workout last night. Felt terrible. Sleepy. Sore. But, we did. We both did 3.5 miles and feel great in our bodies because of it.
Cars and airplanes for travel.
Oh! So many to count this fine, beautiful, hope-filled morning.
-- By Stacy Duplease of Virginia
-------------
PHOTOGRAPHS: HOW TO TELL YOUR STORIES OF BLESSING WRITING TIP
{Other Title:
THE BLESSING OF PHOTOGRAPHS AND TELLING YOUR STORIES OF BLESSING (ALSO A TELLING YOUR PERSONAL STORIES OF BLESSINGS TIP)}
Written 2014-10-21 17:02:07, Tuesday and 2014-10-22 08:18:37, Wednesday
TIP FOR WRITING YOUR STORIES OF BLESSINGS
If you are not sure what to write, or just want an idea, pull out your photos. They are a wonderful inspiration.
Write abut what happened in the scene of the photo.
Or, about what you see.
Or, about who is in the photo.
Or, what you don't see.
Capture all the senses: hearing, seeing, tasting, touching, smelling, and sensing.
What did you think of the photo then? Now?
How much do you like the photo?
Put the picture into one thousand words.
------------
THE THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE
How is your Thanksgiving Challenge coming? Have you been able to write down at least three blessings in your life, and of those three, writing at least one story of blessing each day since the challenge began?
------------
365 DAYS OF COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS (AND WRITING YOUR STORIES OF BLESSING)
The minimum is counting three blessings each day, and expanding one of those to a story of blessing of 100-1000 words.
DAY 2
What are at least three blessings in your life right now, in this moment?
DAY 3
What are three blessings you forgot to count?
DAY 4
What are three blessings of someone close to you?
DAY 5
When you think of rain, list three blessings.
DAY 6
List three blessings about coffee or tea.
DAY 7
List three blessings from your childhood.
DAY 8
List three blessings from a storm in your life.
------------
THE BLESSING OF BEING AN INDOOR CAT
Written 2014-10-22 08:52:15, Wednesday
Shelter is a major blessing.
I know cats can survive in the wild just fine. Their instincts kick in an they can take care of themselves. It's their nature and who they are.
When Kara, our new black and white cat, found B and me, she had sunken in sides. You could count every single bone in her body as pet her, she was so thin.
She clearly had a home and shelter at one time. She's fixed and declawed on her front paws.
Then, she no longer had shelter.
She's also deaf.
So, add all that together. Once had a home. Then, didn't. No claws. Couldn't hear. Her life drastically changed the day we took her into our garage.
The thought of how she once had a home--and then didn't just breaks my heart.
There have been times in my life where I wondered about how to pay rent and when I might not be able to keep the place. I also wondered about food on the table. How could I afford shelter or food?
I know someone right now who is in that very boat (sorry about the cliche, but it's a rainy day and it's raining so hard I fear I will need a boat when I leave for the shot in order to get around). My thoughts and prayers are with them (and Ellen in Denver).
Kara's life and circumstances have really made me reflective of mine and how blessed I am. I am learning so much from Little Bit.
It's the rain that makes me so grateful Kara is now an indoor cat.
I just had to reach out on top of printer and pet Kara as she is nested on top of it. I pet her and counted this blessing again and again. As I pet her, she cooed like a dove. It's her sound of contentment. It's how she's earned her nickname of Little  Dove.
Kara knows how good of a life she has now. Constant food and water. Her own litter box. Shelter. Love. Attention, Affection. No longer being alone.
She's gained some weight. Her sides are no longer concave. I no longer can count most of her bones.
She really makes me think of the blessings in my life I am so apt to take for granted and overlook. she makes me reflect and look at my life with a fresh set of eyes.
I am blessed I can be a blessing to her and am so blessed by her and what she teaches me.
She doesn't need a million possessions or a fancy house. She doesn't need gourmet meals. And, she is content. She finds contentment in every place in her life. On the printer. On my desk. On a file box. On a folded paper bag.
What a blessing in an once outdoor cat. My life has truly been transformed because of her.
She's made me wonder how many blessings I've squandered, haven't seen, haven't paid attention to, wished for something different, taken for granted, etc.
This is what a 5.3# cat has made me wonder. And, oh how many blessings I've counted and will count because of her life and example.
-- By Stacy Duplease of Virginia
------------
STORIES OF BLESSING WRITING PROMPT
What stories do you like most to tell? Write them down. They are blessings.
------------
BE A BLESSING
Do you want more blessings in your life? Be a blessing and allow people the opportunity to bless you.
How do you bless people? There are a trillion different ways.

Say please and thank you. It's simple etiquette few people use nowadays and it makes people feel a little pick-me-up when you do. Please and thank you show you are respectful of that person.
Smile at people.
Tip 20% and above.
Give monthly contributions to your favorite charity.
Pay it forward. Pay for the person's coffee in back of you.
Just because you are in a bad mood, or your life isn't going well, it doesn't mean you have to share it with everyone. It can bring others down or irritate them. Try to be upbeat instead. You'll feel better, too.
Go visit a nursing home.
Send a card to someone--just because.
Mow your next door neighbor's front yard when they are at work. Or shovel their walks before they wake in the morning.
Stop complaining.
Listen far more than you ever would dream of speaking.
Remember you are not in competition with that other individual. You both are just trying to get by in this thing called life. Try to love them instead. Challenge them, sure, But do so with love, not out of wanting to show you're better.
Tell the next man or woman in uniform you see, or one with a military baseball cap, thank you for their service.
Etc. (Any other way you can think of.)
------------
ALLOW OTHERS TO BLESS YOU
If someone offers to do something for you, remember this: They would not offer it unless they wanted to do it. Rather than say, "No thanks. I've got it."--try saying, "That would sure be appreciated instead."
Why do I say this?
It would be a real shame to not allow them to be a blessing to you. If you were to allow it, it wouldn't be because of you, but because of them. Maybe it would give them a pick-me-up to do something for you. Do not deny them the opportunity. When you allow them to do what they desire, you're being a blessing to them.
Have you ever thought of it like that?
------------

*** Updated last on Oct. 22, 2014 at 1249 p.m. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment