Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Life of Jesus: Welcome to a Study of the Four Gospels Every Month for a Year




A Life of Jesus: Welcome to a Study of the Four Gospels Every Month for a Year

WELCOME TO A JOURNALING MEMOIR AND MONTHLY STUDY OF THE FOUR GOSPELS FOR A YEAR
Welcome to a new blog and a year-long and monthly reading and study of the four gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I plan on far-reaching them every month for the next year, at least. This will be my journaling memoir thereof, where I share my thoughts about the reading, what it means for my life, and how it transforms my life (or doesn't) over the next year at least. 

IT ISN'T ENTIRELY TRUE
What I just said isn't entirely true, I must admit up front. So, what is is the full truth? 
My goal is to get to know Jesus as much as possible, so I can live A Life of Jesus. Hence, I will look at the prophecies about Him, as well, those fulfilled, and those unfulfilled yet. I will also look at every verse in the Bible that talks about Jesus and living a life of Jesus, which means the entirety of the Bible.
The Epistles will probably be my next yearly study, where I re-read them every month, and so on. I will go from there. The New Testament will be my original main focus, then the Old Testament. Hence, this will be a lifelong study, not just the next year. 
But, during the next year, I will look at first and foremost the four gospels, then at the prophecies fulfilled by Jesus so far. The gospels, though, will be the main focus. 
Let's be realistic, this could be a year-long study of the four gospels, or it could easily turn into several years or even a lifelong study. I will remain open.

GOAL
In short, my goal is to become intimately acquainted with the four gospels. 
For at least the next year, I will re-read them and study them each and every month as I absorb them.

No comments:

Post a Comment