Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo Starts Tomorrow



National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo or NaNo, starts tomorrow. I am participating again and have since 2009. So, this is my 4th year.

I am a pantser, meaning I do not outline. I like to fly by the seat of my pants as I write. I've tried outlining and planning, but my ideas get stifled. I have a general idea as to where I am going, that way I do not get too off course, but that's it. I love the writing process and seeing where I am led by my muse (God). 

I, also, enjoy pushing myself--and NaNoWriMo sure does that! This year, my daily writing goal (Monday-Friday, excluding Thanksgiving and the day after) is 4,500 per day. 

The book I am writing is: 
THE CHRONICLER OF ROANOKE: 
THE FAMILY TREEZ OF THE USA SERIES, BOOK #1



I am using the program: Yarny to write this novel. (See http://yarny.me

ADVICE TO ANYONE TRYING NANOWRIMO
Cut yourself grace. NaNoWriMo is meant to push you with your writing. But, that does not mean you need to stress yourself out. 

Do NOT doubt. Have faith in yourself. You CAN do this. (Repeat that as often as necessary.)

NaNoWriMo is meant to be fun. So, make it fun. Make it memorable.

Experiment. Try something new.

Do not forget your other priorities as you write. Make sure you still spend time with God, family, and job. Do not lose the month of November with making memories. Your priorities are far more important than NaNoWriMo. (This also helps keep NaNoWriMo stress and anxiety lowered.)

Stacy Duplease
Thriller Historical Fiction Writer
The Chronicler of Roanoke: The Family Treez of the USA Series, Book #1
dba Remembering Your Present, LLC & Family Treez USA

No comments:

Post a Comment