Tuesday, January 12, 2016

RYP Stories: Prayer journaling, journaling my memoir, and writing notebook

Verses to pray, ponder, and journal (01.12.2016.)

John 15:4-7 New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.
5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. 7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

John 15:4-7 Expanded Bible (EXB)
4 ·Remain [Abide] in me, and I will ·remain [abide] in you. A branch cannot produce fruit ·alone [by itself] but must ·remain [abide] in the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit alone but must ·remain [abide] in me.
5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any ·remain [abide] in me and I ·remain [abide] in them, they produce much fruit. But ·without [apart from] me they can do nothing. 6 If any do not ·remain [abide] in me, they are like a branch that is thrown away and then ·dies [withers; dries up]. People ·pick up [gather together] dead branches, throw them into the fire, and burn them. 7 If you ·remain [abide] in me and ·follow my teachings [L my words abide/remain in you], you can ask anything you want, and it will ·be given to [be done for; come to] you.
Expanded Bible (EXB). The Expanded Bible, Copyright © 2011 Thomas Nelson Inc. All rights reserved.

John 15:4-7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
4 Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me.
5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me. 6 If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.
///

More verses to pray and ponder about meditating on the Word and what that can do for your life:

Psalm 1:2 New Living Translation (NLT)
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
    meditating on it day and night.
New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Joshua 1:8 New Living Translation (NLT)
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

John 15:7 New Living Translation (NLT)
7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
New Living Translation (NLT). Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
///

Personal journaling (and personal prayer journaling), which I will turn into a memoir eventually
I'm starting to realize the key to success of living the best life of faith rests in constantly being in the Word, constantly praying, and constantly giving thanks. It really is that simple.
Needless to say, through JESUS CALLING by Sarah Young in 2016, I will try to do precisely that.
My Granny just turned 90 years old. (Thank You, Jesus.) There are so many things in can say about this. I know that she is ready for You, Lord, to take her home. She is tired of hurting and the hassle of living to her age... high blood pressure. Diabetes. Arthritis. Heart.
She is also weary of watching all of her friends and family die.
But, for those of us who still have her around are beyond blessed.
Yesterday, I thought about her birthday and our family tree and I knew I have to write a series about it. About her ninety years. About her wisdom. A fictional series. (Writer's notebook.)
/////

No comments:

Post a Comment