Friday, December 4, 2015

Changing it up from a chapter summary and analysis to a S.O.A.P.


There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible.

1,189 divided by 365 (once chapter per day) = 3.258 years, which I will round to 4 years or so.

I have decided I want to simplify it things and do a S.O.A.P. of every chapter of the Bible instead. Needless to say, it will take me about four years to complete. I want to do this multiple times in my life and dive deeper into the Bible each time and add to information I have already gleaned. Needless to say, I am trying to find a way to get the most out of the Word, and allow me to savor the Bible, but also re-read it frequently, but not too frequently.

What is a S.O.A.P.?

It stands for:

Scripture
Observation
Application
Prayer

I will do a S.O.A.P. of a Bible chapter a day (reading and study) is my goal, starting with Matthew and I will start over with Matthew 1, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment